Second Skin Audio

Does a port need to be small enough to have compression?

IMO it's tuned to high and the volume is too small. Even RE recommends 4ft^3 with a 33hz tuning, but something like 5ft^3 with a 25-27hz tuning will work better and not be so peaky. Just don't expect much upper end response with this sub, it's just a lathargic beast with an uber low Fs and high moving mass to match. Try putting it in a 3ft^3 sealed box and see what you think.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

So what could be the reason for there being almost absolutely no bass except for one song??

A car peak around 45 hz mixed with bass boost with the type of person who has to asks the types of questions at the start of this thread tuning the amp.

btw i have yet to find a single copy of that song that's been clean so... you most likely are getting the illusion of louder from distortion.

Asking a question doesn't make me a moron. I tuned the amp with the DD-1, set LPF to about 4 hz below tuning freq, and subsonic to about 60 hz above tuning freq. btw, I don't know where your looking but I had no problem finding a clean copy of that song...

IMO it's tuned to high and the volume is too small. Even RE recommends 4ft^3 with a 33hz tuning, but something like 5ft^3 with a 25-27hz tuning will work better and not be so peaky. Just don't expect much upper end response with this sub, it's just a lathargic beast with an uber low Fs and high moving mass to match. Try putting it in a 3ft^3 sealed box and see what you think.

Ty sir. Sealed box was an option to get more of a range but I wasn't sure how that sub would be in a sealed box. Now I haven't done much as far as sealed boxes, so what would you do for amp tuning? LPF down low subsonic up high?

So what could be the reason for there being almost absolutely no bass except for one song??

A car peak around 45 hz mixed with bass boost with the type of person who has to asks the types of questions at the start of this thread tuning the amp.

btw i have yet to find a single copy of that song that's been clean so... you most likely are getting the illusion of louder from distortion.

Asking a question doesn't make me a moron. I tuned the amp with the DD-1, set LPF to about 4 hz below tuning freq, and subsonic to about 60 hz above tuning freq. btw, I don't know where your looking but I had no problem finding a clean copy of that song...

what...why the hell would you put the subsonic at like 90hz? i hope to god you mean you put the LPF at 90hz and you put the subsonic at 30hz or whatever.

subsonic cuts off LOW frequencies, like 10hz. lpf cuts out HIGH frequencies, like 100hz.

box is tuned too high, box is too small, and a cabin peak all attribute to exactly what your problem is.

Set LPF at 60-80hz, set subsonic at ~25hz, and you should be ok. If you're still not happy with the response curve, then try building a new box to correct what you're currently not liking.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

hahha

I'm not getting bass!!

SUBSONIC @ 90hz

LPF @ 80 hz

hipster-ariel-meme-generator-what-no-way-d5e6df.jpg

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

in my experience, smaller ports have a wider musical range, and larger ports tend to get "peaky" and slam a more narrow frequency range

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

in my experience, smaller ports have a wider musical range, and larger ports tend to get "peaky" and slam a more narrow frequency range

Not true. Design issue, not the port size.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

If you want to see what the effect of a smaller port is then jam a peice of MDF in the port to make it narrower.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived