plan for the worst. the wire could get beat up if ran under the car or cut on the hole in the firewall. shit happens.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

plan for the worst. the wire could get beat up if ran under the car or cut on the hole in the firewall. shit happens.

Bc it's welding cable or just in general? I plan on using techflex for the long runs.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

welding cable has some of the best insulation ive seen for how thin the insulation is, but say it rubs on something or something gets kicked up into it then the insulation could wear down and create a short, this goes for any wire, and you never know what could happen. worst case scenario you push your sub a little too hard and short a coil which in turn overloads the amp and causes an internal short(happened to me unfortunately) without a fuse the wire will continue to carry the current untill the wire gets so hot it melts and could cause a fire

Bc it's welding cable or just in general? I plan on using techflex for the long runs.

Just in general. The guy I mentioned had his car on a lift, which settled overnight. His wire got crushed in the middle between the lift and his frame which caused a dead short to ground.

as N8 already posted you should have a fuse between the front batt and the alt

http://www.stevemead...f-system-build/

2001 VW GTI with a 1.8T motor

BIG 3

Pioneer AVH-4200DVD DOUBLE DIN HEAD UNIT 6 - 4 VOLT PREOUTS

RF T1500-BDCP (running at 2 ohm)

RF T400.4

RF T1 D212 x2 (in ported box)

RF 1/0 TO 4 GAUGE distribution block x 2

all stinger wires

200a alternator (SINGER ALT)

RF T2652-S (6.5 MID BASS AND 1" TWEETS in front and rear)

KINETIC HC 800 BATTERY (Front)

KINETIC HC 1200 BATTERY (BACK)

120ft of 1/0 stinger blue and clear matt

20ft of 4 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

30ft of 8 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

100ft of 12 gauge stinger speaker wire black

did you also include a battery isolator? maybe one is not needed.

Edited by stipek

Headunit - Sony DSX-200X

Subs - (2) Modified American Bass 18's

Monoamp - DD M4

Front Stage - CDT HD62-AS components with

4 Crescendo PWX 6.5

4 Channel Amp - Hifonics ZRX1000.4

Cadence 0 gauge

Singer 275 amp Alt

D7500 XS Power battery

Quad 1/0 input Toolmaker terminals

SMD OM-1

RGB LEDs

BUILD LOG CURRENT ABOVE SETUP http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191602-2003-bravada-2-18s-ab-dd-xs-singer/

BUILD LOG (2 MTX 7512's)http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1[/size]

Just in general. The guy I mentioned had his car on a lift, which settled overnight. His wire got crushed in the middle between the lift and his frame which caused a dead short to ground.

FUCK dude! That sucks monkey balls!! I've wired about 20-30 amps/cars and that hasnt happened to me. But I wanted to do my RIGHT this time, because I have expensive equipment and extra batteries.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D