Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, I'm not entirely sure what the problem is here so I decided to post it up on here. My problem is sometimes when i play a heavy bass song, my subs will still play but my full range speakers will cut off temporarily... I have 2 car batteries, my primary battery is a standard car battery and I have an optima yellow top battery in the back. My alternator is the stock 110A alternator that came with my car. And I have a T1500.1bd CP that powers my 3 12" subs. and my full range speakers are Rockford Fosgate P1683 speakers connected to a Clarion XR2410 amp. both are connected to a distribution block too. Here's some pics

1r4kt.jpg

4wc4e.jpg

2000 Ford Focus LX; Yellowtop Optima secondary battery; Rockford Fosgate T1500.1bdCP; 3 x 12" RE Audio SE-X 600w rms each @ 1.33Ohms; custom built enclosure; Clarion XR2410; 4 x Rockford Fosgate P1683 full range; SoundStream VR-345; NVX XEQ7 Equalizer

I figure its a lack of power, but what could I do to prevent this? separate the power wires and have them individually go to the batteries, get a 3rd battery, get a capacitor, upgrade alternator?

2000 Ford Focus LX; Yellowtop Optima secondary battery; Rockford Fosgate T1500.1bdCP; 3 x 12" RE Audio SE-X 600w rms each @ 1.33Ohms; custom built enclosure; Clarion XR2410; 4 x Rockford Fosgate P1683 full range; SoundStream VR-345; NVX XEQ7 Equalizer

Can you get a hold another mids amp? Try swapping it out to see if its the amp itself.

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Can you get a hold another mids amp? Try swapping it out to see if its the amp itself.

i cant since I dont have an available amp in general and currently, I cant but I dont think its the amp because when I had my t1500 out of my car, I could even raise the volume to above 25 and have no problems, and I rarely ever have problems like this, but its just sometimes when I play a very heavy bass song after a little while, my mids amp cuts off and then turns back on after a second

Edited by RiccardoGutiérrez

unplug your bass amp or disconnect the woofers and bump it just with door speakers to see if they cut off like that

try swapping fused. If the fuse is loose or bad the amp could jump in and out of protect mode when you turn it up.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

unplug your bass amp or disconnect the woofers and bump it just with door speakers to see if they cut off like that

Thats what I brought up to the previous person, it doesnt cut off when my t1500 is disconnected.

did you check voltage at the highs amp when this is occurring?

edit: honestly sounds like a voltage problem or a loose connection

I havent checked the voltage but I should, I'll have to check it out on another day though

try swapping fused. If the fuse is loose or bad the amp could jump in and out of protect mode when you turn it up.

alright, I'll try that out when I get the chance, but from the looks of it, the fuse looks identical to the rest of my fuses