Does lower audio quality music mean more chance of clipping?

Not too sure how to check if a song has clipping. Dont have a clipping led on my knob.

a program called Audacity can show you the clipping in songs

windows media player works best to check clipping,not audacity.

xbox 360 gamertag-greenrocks420

Not insulting you or anything, but did you just call us "bloody winging fairies" ?

a program called Audacity can show you the clipping in songs

Not exactly... that shows you clipping at any frequency.... it could be clipping over 3200hz, not so handy when your looking for clipping your subs would see.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Doesn't WMP show you all frequencies also? in audacity you can put a low pas son and check. Not arguing or trying to be an asshole im just trying to learn as I go :) Decaf said to just use WMP but I wish there was a way to focus on the low frequencies more.

Edited by Amart88

Doesn't WMP show you all frequencies also? in audacity you can put a low pas son and check. Not arguing or trying to be an asshole im just trying to learn as I go :) Decaf said to just use WMP but I wish there was a way to focus on the low frequencies more.

wmp does show the lower frequencies

xbox 360 gamertag-greenrocks420

Not insulting you or anything, but did you just call us "bloody winging fairies" ?

Lower quality compresses it to the point it becomes distorted and sounds like shit, clipping can happen in even the highest of quality tracks.

You want to get the best possible source for music as in CD's, SACD's, WAV and some other loss less files and convert down to 320 cause once you compress the file it cannot be restored back as it once was.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I set with the -5db tracks and have a pac volume control on my bass amp set at half when i set gains. Then i can adjust it up on stuff that needs help or down, well never.. :P