Second Skin Audio

How Would You Build A Box With 8 12'' Subwofers

bass 4 love

Welp man, hook me up with your dimensions and I will whip you up a design.

HU: JVC KD-AVX1Speakers: Stock BlazerSub: 2 Mass Destruction Car Audio Sidewinder 12"Amp: Orion HCCA-D1200 @ 1ohm (600 RMS)Box: 3.0 cubes tuned to 35

I still fail to understand how you're saving money by buying 6 $100 subs rather than one ~$400 sub and installing it in a box you obviously have no idea how to build or design powered by god knows what amps.

But at the end of the day it IS your car, it IS your gear and you can install it however you like. There's really no point protesting the idea because you and your friends have obviously made up your mind so you will have a good learning curve.

Keep us updated with how you go. I wouldn't go any less than 16 cubes net. for those woofers which means your gross box volume will have to be close to 20 cubes, how you plan to fit this in your car is beyond me. Good luck.

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

Yo Bass 4 love I got 8 12's too and heres a pic of my setup

Posted Image

I used 2x2 between each sub for bracing sounds great to me, It has a five inch port

sig-1.jpg

Jensen 9511TS~For Sale

JL Audio 300/4~For Sale

JL Audio1000/1~For Sale

Mephis 6.5 componet sets front and rear

4 15" Fi Q's in a 16 cuft box tuned to 29hrz

I still fail to understand how you're saving money by buying 6 $100 subs rather than one ~$400 sub and installing it in a box you obviously have no idea how to build or design powered by god knows what amps.

It sounds to me like he already has the subs, so 8 $0 subs < 1 $400 sub. even so MTX 4500's are by no means shitty. There are decent subs for the money, and I think he will be pleased given he has the room to build a proper box. Hopefully you aren't tring to fit this in a miata, or something. :lol:

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

tring to fit this in a miata, or something. :lol:

its a wagon

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

01xtreme you meant 8 $0 subs > 1 $400 sub =P

By the looks of it you new to car audio from what you have posted..

When I see something like this, and think someone new to car audio may need some direction I'm gonna try and help out, ask why? Why are you getting 8 subs instead of a few more expensive ones? Why don't you try to design your own box first? I understand this is a forum and its his money and ultimately his decision, but we are here to help right? To gain and give knowledge.

When I first got into car audio I WISH someone would have asked and tried to get me to learn before purchasing Then I wouldn't have wasted alot of money at a store with shitty prices on mediocre products. But that's outa the question because he's already bought what he has. Hell when I got my stuff I didn't understand ohms, what are you wiring it to?

This is a great forum and Im definitely not trying to bash. Just wanna help the guy out, see what his budget and goals are, then help him decide what will give him optimal performance.

crxsilogozz5.gif

we want it all to sound good for him and everything...but in all reality i bet when 90% of people got into car audio with their FIRST setup they probably messed with settings and all this and that, am i right? not saying this is his first setup, but why not just help him out with the questions he asked, help him build the box, and see if he's happy with how it sounds? i'd rather mess up speakers i already have, instead of buying newer nice ones and messing those up. when people talk about wanting to get into it, i always tell them to start small. sold this kid 2 JL w3's with an amp. all settings were set PERFECT. 2 days later he blows the speakers. not saying he is oblivious to what he's doing...just saying we should help him with the box and only the box. if he has more questions, we can answer them.

and rcmobile, might wanna start a new thread. that could get lengthy and that way you can focus on all the replies yourself ;)

01xtreme you meant 8 $0 subs > 1 $400 sub =P

By the looks of it you new to car audio from what you have posted..

When I see something like this, and think someone new to car audio may need some direction I'm gonna try and help out, ask why? Why are you getting 8 subs instead of a few more expensive ones? Why don't you try to design your own box first? I understand this is a forum and its his money and ultimately his decision, but we are here to help right? To gain and give knowledge.

When I first got into car audio I WISH someone would have asked and tried to get me to learn before purchasing Then I wouldn't have wasted alot of money at a store with shitty prices on mediocre products. But that's outa the question because he's already bought what he has. Hell when I got my stuff I didn't understand ohms, what are you wiring it to?

This is a great forum and Im definitely not trying to bash. Just wanna help the guy out, see what his budget and goals are, then help him decide what will give him optimal performance.

What I was trying to say is that it seems to me that the OP already has the subs he is talking about, and was asking for different options he has for installing the subs. I dont see anywhere in his post asking for input on whether he should run the 8 subs, as opposed to x number of higher quality subs, and yet you guys still feel the need to tell him he should buy better stuff. I was just making a comment towards the fact that the first few people did nothing to answer his question, but instead felt it was their need to "educate" him. Maybe I am just missing something, but when people ask questions on a forum I tend to answer their question, not make suggestions that dont help and ad further confusion.

just my .02

we want it all to sound good for him and everything...but in all reality i bet when 90% of people got into car audio with their FIRST setup they probably messed with settings and all this and that, am i right? not saying this is his first setup, but why not just help him out with the questions he asked, help him build the box, and see if he's happy with how it sounds? i'd rather mess up speakers i already have, instead of buying newer nice ones and messing those up. when people talk about wanting to get into it, i always tell them to start small. sold this kid 2 JL w3's with an amp. all settings were set PERFECT. 2 days later he blows the speakers. not saying he is oblivious to what he's doing...just saying we should help him with the box and only the box. if he has more questions, we can answer them.

and rcmobile, might wanna start a new thread. that could get lengthy and that way you can focus on all the replies yourself ;)

X2. that is what I have always believed. You cant educate someone against their will. just help them with what they are asking. If I were there to help him with something else I would definately step in before something got messed up, but other than that I would let them learn from experience.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Archived