Sundown Audio

please lock smd trolls ftl

Tebo

even is the amp will run at .5 doesnt mean it should. There is something with the circuitry that even though it allows it, over time it will still fry the amp.

hopefully someone who is more knowledgeable on amps will elaborate.

i believe what will happen is that one FET will either freeze up closed, or open. if open then more power has to go through the other FETs and overheat them. if closed then it will overheat, fail, then the other FETs will fail from the extra load after it's failure. thats one way for your FETs to burn up but im not sure if a low nominal load will cause that specifically.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

low impedance ratings are not a "hard limit"

It just means that the system is engineered to handle X ohm loads over time. If you are careful and understand all the factors involved in the load connected to the amp, you can manipulate it to your advantage. You can have 4 4ohm subs wired all parallel to the amp, and still the amp may only see a 2ohm load. sometimes higher at certain frequencies (like your tuning freq). Sometimes it's lower than rated too.

That's why you see some guys running amps and 1/2 rated minimum impedance and they're still rollin. You gotta know all of what's going on. And also understand that ratings are just that, it's only what one guy measured, and in only one set of circumstances. Even different amps in the assembly line can have better or worse tolerances to low imp loads.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Driving down the road bumping a little today when out of no where the bass stop, whip my head around and there is smoke pouring out of the amp. Happy friday the 13th! The wierd thing is it wasnt an issue with voltage drop from what i gather. When the amp went my rpms were right about 3000 and voltage was steady between 14.1-14.4 then i saw a 15v spike on the meter and next thing i know its toast. WTF!? I was wired to half ohm but i have plenty of electrical upgrades to support it. Singer sent me a smaller pulley which didnt help much so now he is going to send me a whole new unit. Could it be the alternators fault my amp went? 300$ down the tubes!

There's your problem.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I would say that 15v spike was when your amp suddenly stopped consuming power and gave out its last bit of noise.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

I would say that 15v spike was when your amp suddenly stopped consuming power and gave out its last bit of noise.

that sounds about right. taking power taking power, no more need for power, cars electrical system loving not a huge load then amp dissapates all it has left in capacitors and circuitry then foom. done

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

So if the amp is wired down to .5 is there a chance the box rise will actually raise the ohm load? I am personally thinking about doing the same thing but iv been told running that low is a bad idea. Ij never intended to do this but I accidently order dual 2 icons rather than dual 1.

2005 ford explorer xlt limited 4x4

2 xs power d3400s

2 runs of shca

mid/ highs- infinity 6x8 3 ways

2 18 ssa icons

2 aq 1200.1 @ 2 ohms

10 cubes tuned to 36 hrz

Until you know enough to prove me wrong, please don't wire down to 0.5.

This is not one of those things that you can ask people about. You need to know enough about what you are doing to do it successfully.

2007 Pacifica

And before I get ripped into I know nothing about box rise other than what I just asked,

2 xs power d3400s

2 runs of shca

2 18 ssa icons

2 aq 1200.1 @ 2 ohms

10 cubes tuned to 36 hrz

I ask questiona because I cant afford to try things and risking blowing something.

2 xs power d3400s

2 runs of shca

2 18 ssa icons

2 aq 1200.1 @ 2 ohms

10 cubes tuned to 36 hrz

It's cool, sometimes you can go outside of what's recommended as long as you get sound advice.

This isn't one of those times, tho. Just lookin out for ya.

2007 Pacifica

Archived