Sundown Audio

please lock smd trolls ftl

Tebo

Driving down the road bumping a little today when out of no where the bass stop, whip my head around and there is smoke pouring out of the amp. Happy friday the 13th! The wierd thing is it wasnt an issue with voltage drop from what i gather. When the amp went my rpms were right about 3000 and voltage was steady between 14.1-14.4 then i saw a 15v spike on the meter and next thing i know its toast. WTF!? I was wired to half ohm but i have plenty of electrical upgrades to support it. Singer sent me a smaller pulley which didnt help much so now he is going to send me a whole new unit. Could it be the alternators fault my amp went? 300$ down the tubes!

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

there is a reason you are not supposed to run below 1ohm. i always tell people, only do it if you feel blowing the amp is worth the reward. just because competitors do it, doesnt mean everyone should.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Can't AQ amps safely see 16v? for competing anyways... so having a spike at 15v shouldn't hurt it much should it? Just wondering cuz i plan on buying one of these amps

OP How long have you had this amp and do you always leave it at .5ohms?

even is the amp will run at .5 doesnt mean it should. There is something with the circuitry that even though it allows it, over time it will still fry the amp.

hopefully someone who is more knowledgeable on amps will elaborate.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived