Second Skin Audio

250RMS subs

To me it looks like your goals and your price range are in 2 different areas. Why not save a bit longer and get what you want.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

My goal is to get a single 15 for around 150 or 2 12's. Seems damn reasonable to me, expecially when I will be only running 600 watts to which ever configuration I am to go with. I am not really looking for top names like SSA, DC, FI, SA, Skar. I don't mind if the subs are on the lower of the quality side, I do not mind it. The other reason I want to do this set up before My final one, Is the box is going to be of similar style. So it will give me a chance to design my box and back end to the same way I will with my final set up. So I can give it a try first and get it done for the first time so when I do it a second time I will have the experience of doing the almost exact same build already.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Well if your budget is that small, you have to think, the enclosure is what you want to focus on mainly. A good enclosure is the basis of any good sounding system, but if you have good subs in a decent box it will sound good. You want "meh" subs so really want you want seems like a really well designed enclosure.

(I know everyone would optimally want a great enclosure, I was just theorizing on making cheap subs sound great being completely dependent on the enclosure.)

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I would look at the sundown e-15. I just put one in a friends keep in 3 cubes after displacement with about 47 square inches of port on 500 watts and I was very impressed. Sounded great and can definitely hit the lows.

Well if your budget is that small, you have to think, the enclosure is what you want to focus on mainly. A good enclosure is the basis of any good sounding system, but if you have good subs in a decent box it will sound good. You want "meh" subs so really want you want seems like a really well designed enclosure.

(I know everyone would optimally want a great enclosure, I was just theorizing on making cheap subs sound great being completely dependent on the enclosure.)

Oh for sure! I spend lots of time desinging boxes to fit the best i can with how I want to stats to look. I want a above meh but under decent. Someone like pioneer or Alpine.

I would look at the sundown e-15. I just put one in a friends keep in 3 cubes after displacement with about 47 square inches of port on 500 watts and I was very impressed. Sounded great and can definitely hit the lows.

What did you tune the box to? Thanks for the input, I was actually checking that one out.

You wouldn't happen to know the prices for any of those subs, or better yet a dealer?

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

pmed thnx

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

What did you tune the box to? Thanks for the input, I was actually checking that one out.

I believe I tuned it to 33 hz.

Edited by sps1989