Sundown Audio

Hifonics Good? Other Brand Recommendations

I recently just got a Skar VVX 15D4 sub and only have it on 250rms out of its rated 600rms. Many people have pushed it to around 1000 as they are beefy subs, so that leaves me finding a new amp. I'm on a super budget but slowley working my way up. I found a hinfonics Zeus ZRX 1000.1 Amp for 160.00 new. It is rates at 475 @4ohms, 750 @2ohms and 1000 @ 1 ohm. It runs on 4 gauge power wire, and is CEA 2006 complient. Does anyone have experience wih these amps. It's in my budget and fits what i need almost perfectly. Anyone sa go for it or hifonics sucks?

the brutus series does good. im not sure about the zeus series tho... but if its cea compliant it has to do rated, probably @ 14 volts

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Yes^^^^

Hifonics rates their amps at 14.4 volts. So you will get max output at 14.4. And you should never run your system with the car off, it will drain the shit out of your batteries.

Most cars resting voltage is 12 volts (12-12.6) with the car of. Charging voltage should be around 14.4-14.6

Edited by HatersGonnaHate

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

there are a lot more factors that will attribute to you running "rated" than just voltage.

It won't make much difference in your case IMO.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

97 crown vic

kenwood hu

big 3

mechman 270 amp alt

1 d3400

2 d3100

hiffonics collosus (bass)

Hifonics Zues (mids and highs)

2 15in kicker l7s

dynamat extreme sound deadner

viper secured

oh, and Hifonics USED TO BE a awesome brand... but in the early 2ks a lot of Brands got bought up and now get half decently made Chinese equipment with these classic names.

Orion

MB Quart (this one kills me MB Quart was epic back in the day)

Soundstream (debatable)

Hifonics

USAmps

All of these companies now DO NOT put out the kind of stuff now that made them famous.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Hifonics is decent though.. better that power acoustic or boss or Pyle or lower brands

I'd run hifonics over audiopipe every day of the week. You gotta start somewhere and starting with hifonics is not bad at all

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s