Sundown Audio

Monoblock amp and their inputs.

MrSkippyJ

How does a monoblock amp use the inputs? Most monoblocks have a L/R and of course most sub outputs are mono.

My 3sixty has a single sub output, but my amp has the normal L/R inputs. I obviously use a Y-splitter to take care of this, but my question is am I only getting 1/2 my RCA voltage to my sub amp? I know it doesn't really make a difference I just didn't know the answer and it is one of those things that I wanted to know.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Yes, it makes a difference, 1 RCA is half the input signal as 2 rcas.

But if you have a strong input signal in the first place, that shouldn't make a difference. With 5v outputs from the 3sixty, you should be fine

The voltage is supplied by the source not determined by how many RCAs you have.

That RF will give you good signal and on monoblocks the inputs/outputs are internally in Parallel so it doesn't matter if you have one RCA or two sets of speaker outs. Either way within the amp it is all the same.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

well, i don't have my car atm, it's in a shop being fixed. but even with that, how would I be able to tell what voltage the amp is receiving? I know the RCA outs on the 3sixty are 5v so the sub out would also be 5v. When you split RCAs for 2 amps, you divide the voltage. What is confusing is this is being split to a single amp. Assuming I had L/R sub outs that were 5v you would assume that each L/R input of the amp gets 5v. They way I have to do it is I split a single 5v signal, but to the same amp. Again, I know it doesn't really matter, I'm just curious.

got some ninja responses. Thanks guys

Ok so they are parallelled internally. Makes sense now. I knew that I had plenty of source voltage, I just wasn't sure how it worked.

Edited by MrSkippyJ

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

That RF will give you good signal and on monoblocks the inputs/outputs are internally in Parallel so it doesn't matter if you have one RCA or two sets of speaker outs. Either way within the amp it is all the same.

-Drew

Then why is it that if I unplug an RCA on my amp, it gets quite a bit quieter? :unknw:

INTERNALLY IN PARALLEL.

the source is still the same. 5v is 5v whether it is going through two lines or 10 as long as a single line can carry the 5v it will still be 5v. You are not losing anything going with one run.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:

and the gain is for your RCA voltage if you put it all the way up its like if you have .2v rcas in between is like 2~~3v just adjust gains accordingly

Yeah, I knew how that part worked too. I was just curious how the monoblock amp treated the inputs.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

-Drew

Then why is it that if I unplug an RCA on my amp, it gets quite a bit quieter? :unknw:

In this case your single RCA can't carry the load so the second one is actually helping. As long as the wire can carry the load additional runs won't make much of a difference.

-Drew

uhoh_45 said: