A Suburban A Warhorse and a Pair of SMDeez

Damn phone! Lol I meant can YOU post the link lol autocorrect>my typing skills lol

LOL! I get a good majority of the hardware, inserts, nuts, bolts, and specialty hardware from Mc Master Carr.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#

The site is flash based or something like that so it won't let me direct link specific hardware. It's picture based though so it's not too hard to navigate and find what your looking for. :)

looks VERY good. I had this same combo in the same suv awhile back!!!!! I know you will enjoy it. Keep up the good work

Thanks bro. Glad to hear you had good success with this setup. Definately looking forward to hearing this combo now. :)

Awesome thanks!!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

looking good

ivsmd.png

06 Trailblazer ss

2 Team shok industries tsx 18s
Phoenix Gold ''THE ONE''
2 Phoenix gold 800.4
4 crescendo mp6.
2 crescendo mp8
bass processor

Dc power 270xp

150ft 1/0 ofc sky high cable
1 juicebox lithium 0.5kwh 14v/40ah
kenwood dnx8120
BCAE1.com
YouTube channel : REaudioxxx1
build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160106-trailblazer-ss-xxx/

With the batteries up in place it was time to connect the cables from the alternators to the battery bank. In getting ready to make the connections I was stopped in my tracks. The fuse panel thingie that I made to go inbetween the alternators and batteries was in bad shape. Here are a couple of pics of the item and location in question.

The fuse holder panel.

DSC03614.jpg

Fuse holder panel in position.

DSC03617.jpg

Here is said part after a year. :(

DSC04634.jpg

I think what really did this part in is for Christmas I drove the Suburban to El Paso. It was a freezing drive, I-10 was salted to keep the ice to a minimum. Here are some more pics of what I had to work with.

DSC04635.jpg

The backside.

DSC04636.jpg

I used a wire cup on the drill press to knock off the lose paint and rust. I followed up with a scotch brite pad to get into the corners. Lastly I followed up with some metal conditioner to neutalize the rust and prep the bare metal for paint. Here is what I used.

DSC04641.jpg

Here is the part in my quick drying contraption. :D

DSC04640.jpg

This is what the part looked like before painting.

DSC04643.jpg

A close up of the neutralized rust, well sort of. There is still a little bit of rust red in there. When properly done all of the rust should be a black color. Another treatment would have gotten all done right.

DSC04644.jpg

My quick drying contraption in action again getting the job done with the fuse holder panel painted.

DSC04655.jpg

The finished part, ready for installation.

DSC04657.jpg

DOUBLE UPDATE!!!!!!!

A little something extra for tonight. :) Some of you know, some don't, but the front stage was being powered by a Crescendo 1000c4. I sold it. Now here is what's taking it's place.

DSC04649.jpg

Yes sir, today we merge the old school with the modern era. A US Acoustics USB-2080 (2x80) for the components, and a US Acoustics USB-2150 (2x150) for the mid-bass.

DSC04647.jpg

One last pic at a funny angle to make you tilt you head to the side as you look at it. :P

DSC04651.jpg

The end is near. :)

Archived