A Suburban A Warhorse and a Pair of SMDeez

i really love the setup bro. That plexi cover sets off the entire project IMO. Mainly because the warhorse has such unique guts to look at. The red looks AWESOME too. Great job.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

See you at HeatWave!!!!!

Pioneer AVH-P9400BH head unit

Galaxy Tab as library for Bumps

1Tb hard drive for more music (only about 200Gb)

Rockford T400.4 for mids and highs

2 Crossfire 1700d strapped for subs

2 Sundown Zv3 15 inch subs

Power T1652s components in front and rear doors.

Punch tweets in the A pillars

Big 3 upgrade in 1/0

Future Plans

Kick pods for some more T1652S components

Maybe some SA8v2's in a custom console once i get around to building it.

Great job on the clean install,the plexi amp face is sweet

Thanks, and welcome to the forum. Hope to see more of you around these parts. :)

bro i just got done looking through your build and all i can say is wow. to see what happened to you just make me so furious since it happened to me to. they even ripped out my speakers! they didnt break the lock tho they threw a rock through my window. all i can say is invest in a good alarm! who cares how much it costs its peace of mind! i have the new viper alarm with so many accessories i lost track! came in handy since about a week ago around 2 AM a guy tried to open my door and my key told me. got out there and snuck up on him... im pretty sure i broke his arm and jaw! i dont like hurting people but I FUCKING HATE THIEVES!

Thanks for stopping by. An alarm is a for sure next buy. I'm surprised you were able to catch one of these thugs in the act. Not sure what I would do. I'd probably just try to scare the crap out of them by smashing metal trash can lids together. If I could catch it on tape even better, might even send it to America's Funniest Home videos so everyone can partake in the lulz. :P

i really love the setup bro. That plexi cover sets off the entire project IMO. Mainly because the warhorse has such unique guts to look at. The red looks AWESOME too. Great job.

Awesome, thanks. A plexi-glass cover had always been on of the "things to do" for this project. I wish I had a little more room to show off the subs. Then it would have been sensory overload. :D Again thanks for stopping by. :)

See you at HeatWave!!!!!

Awesome! Don't be shy, stop by and say "Hi" :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, what can I say, today I take a step towards a simpler life. Out are the ways of extravagant multi-way setups and complex mix of passive and active crossover networks. In, a simple, 2-way active front stage setup. How can this be, you say. Simple, my home setup is a simple 2 way setup and is just a treat to listen to. On top of that I'm taking in some of the pointers I got while at the Heatwave show. First the tweeters, and what a better way to step things up than with budget oriented tweeters. :P

DSC05103.jpg

DSC05104.jpg

With a little help from my jasper jig, a hole saw and a drill I came up with these.

DSC05105.jpg

A little wood filler, sanding and a little patients, this.

DSC05121.jpg

A little mock-up action. Dang it, this would have been a perfect chance to do that Star-Trek hand gesture. Oh well, next time. :P

DSC05127.jpg

Here is the little puck mounted on the a-pillar panel. Hard wiring tweeters for the win! Hope this doesn't come back to haunt me. O_o

DSC05132.jpg

I wasn't sure how much wire I was going to need, so I used alot. :D

DSC05130.jpg

The tweeter pucks are in. A shot from the 2nd row.

DSC05136.jpg

From the passengers seat looking at the passenger side tweeter.

DSC05144.jpg

From the passengers seat looking at the drivers side tweeter.

DSC05141.jpg

From the drivers seat looking at the drivers side tweeter.

DSC05142.jpg

From the drivers seat looking at the passenger side tweeter.

DSC05143.jpg

The ppi components and kick panels are gone now. The tweeters are powered off the US Acoustics USB-2080, and are high passed at 1500Hz 24db/oct. For mids I'm using the Mpyre Audio 6-1/2's in the doors from 1500Hz down to 63Hz. The subs take over from 63Hz down to 25hz.

The sound is good. I'm surprised the tweeters are okay playing this low. Granted they don't get ear piercing loud, but they do get loud enough. I'll be honest the subs overpower everything, but at moderate listening levels everything blends in well. The staging is now up high eye level. Before the highest the staging would get would be level with the radio. The centering is still questionable. Some times it sounds centered other times it pans towards the drivers side. Not much control over that with the MS-8. I'm not sure I want to go for the center channel dance. I might have to though. The mid-bass is a little lacking. I had to do quite a bit of eq to get it back, a ridiculous amount to be honest. For now it works. I think the next step is sealing up the doors and adding some deadener. :D

Very nice, your skills continue to amaze me. Those tweeters almost look like a factory option.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

I really like the way you installed your tweeter actually, looks clean.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

sickkkkkk man the best parts is that the board on the amp is red as well

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Very nice, your skills continue to amaze me. Those tweeters almost look like a factory option.

I appreciate that. The pucks are just something quick to prove out the sq. If they sound as planned then the next step will be to stretch some fabric and fiberglass the a-pillar and figure out some grill for the tweeters.

I really like the way you installed your tweeter actually, looks clean.

Those pucks turned you super nice! Very well done sir!

Awesome thanks fellas. :D

sickkkkkk man the best parts is that the board on the amp is red as well

Thanks man. All the colors blend well. I don't think it would have looked as good with if the amp had a blue board and I painted the ports blue. Green would've been worse. :P

I think I may try your tweeter idea, I have the tools, and spare mdf laying around, and I'm already planning on ordering a jasper jig anyways.

This is how I have them now, so should have a cosmetic improvement if I tried your idea.

329456_504481196235471_512977949_o.jpg

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Archived