A Suburban A Warhorse and a Pair of SMDeez

I think I may try your tweeter idea, I have the tools, and spare mdf laying around, and I'm already planning on ordering a jasper jig anyways.

This is how I have them now, so should have a cosmetic improvement if I tried your idea.

It wont take too long to make the little MDF pucks. It might get a little tricky for you since your tweeters have the truncated mount. No biggie though. With some sand paper tightly wrapped around the a-piller panel you can shape the puck to mate nicely against the panel. Good luck with the project. :D

• 2 months later...

THREAD RESURRECT! Back from the hollow depths of the SMD "Build Log" section. tongue.png The suburban has been trucking along. Been to a couple of shows here and there. There have been a couple of tweaks to the EQ and adjustments of the gain knobs here and there. I am confident in saying it's a good sounding system. It plays loud as fhawk, to the point of headache inducing. Yeah, yeah, I'm a sissy, so what. tongue.png The sound quality is equally as impressive. The MS8 has been more than a hand full to deal with, but I am very pleased with what I have been able to finagle out of it. With out a center channel I've had to default to the L-R balance to persuade a center image. A bit counter-intuitive, but I've had to balance towards the left side. :/ No biggie. As for stage height, with the tweeters at ear level, the sound is as high as the dash. Enough blah, blah, blah. Here is a vid I posted in another section for those looking for numbers.

Not bad, not bad, but what about the SQ? Well, I while back I got a new toy to measure frequency response. It's a little choppy, but here it is.

suburbanfreqresp1_zpseb2081d5.jpg

What's next?

Had to blow the dust off the keyboard!! Thread resurrection indeed!

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

who's this Monte feller :unknw:

He he. Nice seeing you around too. :P

Had to blow the dust off the keyboard!! Thread resurrection indeed!

Just in time for Halloween. Pointless, mindless zombie thread consuming bandwidth. Muahahahaha!

Love the build very clean wireing. Hope my build comes out 1/4 as clean. Really sucks about the break in glad you didnt waste time being bummed out though. Soon as i get my new gear ima get a alarm put in before i install it all

bumpin on a budget

2 cvr 12's

1800.2 power acoustic bamf

sealed box 2.3 cub each net

all in the trunk of a 98 grand am gt 4 dr

• 3 months later...

So I will resurrect this build once again. I myself have two 18" SMDs. And I am looking at getting a warhorse to power them. My subs are dual 2ohm coils. Cani wire this amp at a 2ohm load or is there something different about the WARHoRSE.

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

So I will resurrect this build once again. I myself have two 18" SMDs. And I am looking at getting a warhorse to power them. My subs are dual 2ohm coils. Cani wire this amp at a 2ohm load or is there something different about the WARHoRSE.

The warhorse is different.

Two dual 2 subs can wire to 1 ohm or 4 ohms when it comes to wiring up to the warhorse.

But hey, 5000 Watts @ 4 ohms should sound pretty good too.

Archived