A Suburban A Warhorse and a Pair of SMDeez

My only curiosity is, that brace in the port, shouldn't you have rounded or 45'd that edge on the inside? I have no idea, I'm just asking!

Looks fantastic! That red looks pretty good! That is red right? Not orange? Either way I'm excited to see the glass and some lights on this thing! OUTSTANDING!!!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Looks amazing. Very clean wood working. Make a vid on how to use teh router like u did for the plexi! I suck at the router

Thanks, I see what I can do about that vid. :)

Looks great! I bet she sounds great too!

In for results! :popcorn:

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying the build. I'm hoping this box does these subs some justice. :D Can't wait to fire it up for the first time. Woot, woot. :D

My only curiosity is, that brace in the port, shouldn't you have rounded or 45'd that edge on the inside? I have no idea, I'm just asking!

Looks fantastic! That red looks pretty good! That is red right? Not orange? Either way I'm excited to see the glass and some lights on this thing! OUTSTANDING!!!

The port brace is 45'd on both ends, on the inside on the port and the port exit. :) Yes that is red paint. Thanks for stopping by and posting. I appreciate the kind words. :)

Now, a little carpeting action. :D Firstly I'd like to thank a fellow forum member Jon, a.k.a CHEVY4X4BLAZER for braving the South Texas sun and humidity. He came over lending a helping hand and for a little comradeship. Thanks for you help friend. :)

First the goods. Parts Express finest speaker box carpet in a not so original charcoal color. Adhesive in a spray can by Loctite, some scissors and a box cutter.

DSC04515.jpg

The wrapping process.

DSC04516.jpg

Finally a box fully wrapped. The seams came out pretty good. The last time I carpeted a speaker box I used similar carpet with a backing and I couldn't get the seams to blend well with each other. This carpet didn't have any backing. The seams blended nicely together with no fussing just a little fuzzing. :D

DSC04517.jpg

With the box wrapped and ready to go we got the plexi-glass pieces in place and wired the box up for the subs. Here is a shot of the plexi-glass in place. Thanks to Jon for helping with the gazillion screws and getting the plexi-glass mounted.

DSC04521.jpg

I opted to do all the wiring internally to keep things looking clean. The subs are D1s. For the Warhorse the coils are wired in series to get the 2 ohm load required by the amp for full output. If the wiring pictured doesn't really make sense to you it's because the amp wires up to subs in a real odd ball way. Trust me when I tell you I know what I'm doing here. :P

DSC04522.jpg

Here is the box at 95% complete.

DSC04524.jpg

A close up of the box port. There is a little story about this port that I'd like to share with everyone. The original design of this box only had the outer most edge of the port beveled. The port brace and the inside edged of the port, next to the plexi-glass window, was originally to be left square. A co-worker of my likes addressing everyone by adding the word "Big" infront of their first initial. In my case, he addresses me by calling out, "Big H." In the spirit of that, I beveled both the port brace and the inside edge of the port to make a big "H". :P

DSC04526.jpg

One last shot of the box.

DSC04527.jpg

Up next, the subs go in the box. Thanks for your help Jon(CHEVY4X4BLAZER). :)

That box looks like a piece of modern art especially the last pic

It's b. e. a. utiful nice work man

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

That enclosure is pure sexxxxx. :wackit3:

That box looks like a piece of modern art especially the last pic

It's b. e. a. utiful nice work man

Ha, ha. Thanks fellas. This is probably the only time the pics are actually better than the real thing. :) Although I try as best I can there are always little details that could have been done just a little better. :D

Archived