SQ/SPL syetem build....any thoughts

Eddie Long

You have plans on building your electrical up before you start adding amps ?? (at least one extra battery in the rear near the amps ??

Yes sir, I forgot to mention that :). I do have the second battery location under the hood. I have already upgraded my alterantor for the system I have now which is only 300 RMS but I will either be putting a second alt in or a bigger one. I have been looking at the Mechman alternators. Not sure if I want to spend that much on an alt though....would like to know what your thoughts are on this also. Considering I am only going to be running the 2 amps I listed, I was thinking that the 2nd battery install would be enough......what do ya think ?...................thanks in advance :)

great news on the 2 batteries under the hood ...

I went and got a Alternator from a chevy like mine, but a 3500 series with the 454 engine ... doulble the output than stock ...

But my truck is a 97 Chevy ... Not for sure if that trick will work on your 99 model ... but worth a try ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

You really want to go full-active on your components to get the best possilbe SQ. This would mean a dedicated channel per speaker. Another 4 channel would be perfect for your application. Also since you are doing a 3-way set up and in your tahoe you want to keep the mid and tweet as close together. I assume it is a 4" and tweeter or 3" and tweeter configuration for your mid and tweet. both of which I would recommend to put in your a-pillar and your mid-bass.

I think you should run active like team bassick said, better sq and you can really dial in what you want to hear.

On the alt, I think you should save up and invest in a mechman alt, because if something goes wrong they will fix it. Plus alts on ebay...so I've read will work but have crummy idle power and can burn out quickly.

Good luck and im looking forward to your build!

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Alt wise you could check into mike singer for alts. I'm getting one from him sometime this week hopefully. And let me know how you like those components I debating on those or some hertz.

New Car!

New system starting soon hopefully depending on money.

Are you planing on 2 4 channel amps and one sub amp ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

@Cablguy184

Yes, I am planning on 2 4 channel amps and 1 sub amp.......running 2 x 4 channels is the best way to control the sound....since I will have 6 speakers in the front. Also, I am thinking of going with an 18 instead of a 15 inch sub. And, I am planning on building a t-line it for it also.......any thoughts on that idea ?.....

thanks very much for the help :)

Sir ... Please refresh my memory ...

Is your 99 Tahoe the same body style as mine ?? or the newer version like the 99 chevy/gmc trucks ...

and ... have you seen pics of my component set install in my truck ??

Archived