SQ/SPL syetem build....any thoughts

Eddie Long

Hello everybody. I am new here on SMD and would like to thank everyone here for all of the great info. I am starting a new build and would like to see what you think. This is what I have decided on so far.

Vehicle- 1999 Chevy Tahoe 4-door

HU- Pioneer DEH-80PRS (already have)

Fronts- Focal 165 A3 3-way components

Rears- Focal 165 CVX

Sub- SSA XCON-15 D2

Amps- Sundown SAX-100.4D

Sundown SAZ-1500D V.2

Also will be using Second Skin Damplifier throughout truck.

I am shooting for more of an SQ build but has some good SPL. Hoping that these are some good choices. This will be my first official build. I have had a few stereos in the past but nothing this good.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you might have.

Looks like you have a good start to me. Remember to take lots of pictures and post a build log. People on this forum love pictures

Welcome to SMD Sir ...

I would suggest that your tweeters be half up on your A-Pillars (aiming towards behind your rear view mirror) to start off your stage and image ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Thanks for the advice.....everyone !

Will put the tweeters on the pillars. And, I will be taking alot of pics. This build will take me awhile because of limited funds ( I have a 17 year old daughter...lol). Hopefully will be able to peice it all together within 3 to 4 months.......pics will be coming soon :)

This build will take me awhile because of limited funds ( I have a 17 year old daughter...lol). Hopefully will be able to peice it all together within 3 to 4 months.......pics will be coming soon :)

I know what your saying there..lol my Daughter is 17 also

Mine is a "scrape together funds" project vehicle too ... and not just the stereo system ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Mine has been in the works for 3 years. Got of few plans for this year but like OP money permitting

You have plans on building your electrical up before you start adding amps ?? (at least one extra battery in the rear near the amps ??

Archived