Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you knew of any ways to create or anywhere to buy leds that pulsed with your music (really the bass).

I know that wiring led strips to your amp isn't safe. So what other way can I do it?

Clarion CZ401

Power Acoustik LT-980/2

dbLink 8 gauge kit

DXi 104 4 ohm DVC x2

Sealed Enclosure

Streetglow makes a controller. its pretty damn ricey.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Streetglow makes a controller. its pretty damn ricey.

would you like some pho with that racey comment?

lawl jk totally agreed.

'08 Chevy Cobalt coupe 2.2 base model trunk build:

2 9512iSC flatwound alum 1.5 coils

-extra 9500 spider pack

-8" platinum carbon dustcaps

1 DD Z1 (.375ohm nominally daily)

3g31 AGM

320a Ohio Gen alt

1 DD S4 4 channel

4 VO-M8v1's (holes cut for 3rd pair)

2 CS 6.5's

2 VO-B1's

Sony XAV-601BT

all Knu Krystal RCA's

Cadence 7band EQ

148.3db @ 32hz (burp)

148.4 @ 37 & 38hz (burp)

146.xdb 90sec average (center windshield)

I found that street glow controller you told me about, I found a couple others too. When I get the money I think I may experiment. But I was wondering, they all seem to use a microphone, didn't find one that used rca's or anything like that, so would it be safe to open it up, take the microphone out, cut the mic off, and wire it into my speaker output on my amp? Or is there a way I can take some rca's, cut them and wire the mic into that?

Edited by Eduardo Andrade

Clarion CZ401

Power Acoustik LT-980/2

dbLink 8 gauge kit

DXi 104 4 ohm DVC x2

Sealed Enclosure

thats not how a mic works.... you cant just hook up whatever voltage you want to it and expect it to work the way you want. either way, with those lights you have to constantly adjust the sensitivity. it'll be perfect for one song on one volume setting. change to a new song with a different level of bass, lights will need to be adjusted. I had one with my first system cause i thought it was cool. it was a pain in the ass and i rarely used it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

well, I know you can't, but if the amp had a selectable voltage, would it work? and technically a speaker can be used as a microphone, I'm not too worried about burning out the device or something, I just don't want anything to happen to the amplifier. I'm just checking to make sure it's safe.

Clarion CZ401

Power Acoustik LT-980/2

dbLink 8 gauge kit

DXi 104 4 ohm DVC x2

Sealed Enclosure

According to your theory with the amp, it would work. As in it would blink in sync with the music. As far as damage (if or how much) I don't know. In my first set up I did that with led's and neon tubes. I thought I was hot shit. I look back now and see all the mistakes I made lol

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

According to your theory with the amp, it would work. As in it would blink in sync with the music. As far as damage (if or how much) I don't know. In my first set up I did that with led's and neon tubes. I thought I was hot shit. I look back now and see all the mistakes I made lol

But did you just wire the leds/neons in? Or did you actually use a controller like the anmi2?

Clarion CZ401

Power Acoustik LT-980/2

dbLink 8 gauge kit

DXi 104 4 ohm DVC x2

Sealed Enclosure

I didn't have any speakers for my rear stage so I just wired them off the HU rear outs. It worked all the lights were synced together. But for all I know it could have been fucking something up. Everything was fine though, I wouldn't do it today.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

I think the best idea would be for me to experiment with the different controllers, and buy a cheapy amp like this one and use it solely for the lights

http://www.sonicelec...Boss-CE202.html

unless you guys can find me a cheaper one.

Edited by Eduardo Andrade

Clarion CZ401

Power Acoustik LT-980/2

dbLink 8 gauge kit

DXi 104 4 ohm DVC x2

Sealed Enclosure