2004 GTO... bagged on CCW's... ever evolving...

Just a 4 speed auto or 6 speed manual. but in other news...

So after I got my splitter mounted up I ran out with my brother to have him snap some pictures of the car with it. The bbs's could be going on this week so I'm excited about that too.
8691742510_5e1f73e859_c.jpg
8691740366_b64396afe9_c.jpg
8690619837_65ea32d577_c.jpg
8690617749_22a61f1869_c.jpg
I have had a little idea of something for my front stage. Could be cool... Lets just say it could be a 12 speaker 3 way active front stage....
Either 2 8s per kick or 2 6s per kick, 2 3.5s glassed into the stock speaker grill made smooth and 2 tweeters in the a-pillars. Probably all cheap speakers and probably some cheap hifonics 4 channels.

2004 Pontiac GTO- bolt ons, bagged, CCW's, SQzzz

Check Out my build log

Follow me on IG: @watsupitsdenny

• 2 weeks later...

I recorded my front stage today playing some jazz song edited by DJ slow n throw. At 1:04 my front stage protects. If anyone has an idea of why I'd appreciate the help. It happens most often when there is a sharp change in tones of the song, like dubstep drops, dj voices coming on tracks, etc. Sorry for recording it sideways I didn't realize it until I was looking at the video on youtube.

Check Out my build log

I have thought about my front stage a little more. So my thoughts right now. I still have no clue what drivers I will use but I think as far as amps go I will use 2 MB Quart OA400.4's. I know they aren't great amps or anything but I want to start out with a moderately priced active front stage then upgrade parts down the road. My thoughts on speakers are coming along a little as well. Rather than glassing over the grill on the door I think I will somehow put the 3.5s behind the grill so they are hidden will look a lot better. For tweeters as long as they mount fairly shallow I can just cut holes in my a-pillar covers and mount them there. For the kicks I am debating with myself a little. I partly want to just build a removable panel that lines up on the kick panel well so when/if I ever sold the car I could make the kick panels look stock again. I can't build into the kick panels because on the drivers side one of the car's computers is hidden. I am debating on how many speakers of what sizes will fit in the kick panels at the moment. Hopefully I will have thought it out a little more tomorrow and can give an update

Check Out my build log

275-025_t.jpg Dayton Audio ND16FA-6 5/8" Neodymium Dome Tweeter $9.11X4 $36.44

299-971_t.jpg 3-1/2" Shielded Paper Cone Woofer 12 ohm $4.00X4 $16.00

299-976_t.jpg 6" Poly Cone Shielded Woofer 4 ohm $6.82 $27.28

Order Subtotal: $79.72

I was messing around on parts express and put all this stuff together. With some more wire and the amps that puts my new front stage drivers, amps, and wire at right around $300. I will probably end up using different drivers but still not bad to actually be thinking about it. I'm not sure how much the materials to fiberglass the kicks and build some pod in the door will cost but $400-500 for a new front stage seems pretty awesome to me

Check Out my build log

Sounds like it'll scream pretty well :) Damn it sits low! What tires do you have in the rear? Or what are you putting on the with BBS wheels? I think 245's in the front and 285's in the rear would look nasstttyyyyy sweet.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Denny I've been looking at gto's to buy lol. I've found a few. If I end up not moving I'm going to try and get one. But I'm going to get one with the 6.0 in it. There not as expensive as I thought.

Do it. Get a 6.0 6 speed car and learn to drive stick. They have some of the best value of any car on the market. They have amazing interiors, great drive trains comfortable ride, etc. The only issues are minor for the most part. Strut mounts go bad early with stock ones. I now have polyurethane bushings. And as anyone who saw my car at slamology knows they have major sagging issues. Also the bcm needs its wires re-taped to keep from arcing off the glove box frame. Imo the car is perfect with a nice headunit, coilovers, 05/06 front brakes, and a descent stereo anything else just makes them a little better.

So, the Porsche lip didn't fit like you thought?

This one is gto specific and the price and timing was right. I may still experiment with the 911 lip.

ugh. i cant help but smh when people buy fast cars with nice engines.... that are auto's. ugh.

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Sounds like it'll scream pretty well :) Damn it sits low! What tires do you have in the rear? Or what are you putting on the with BBS wheels? I think 245's in the front and 285's in the rear would look nasstttyyyyy sweet.

I have 245/45/17s all around on the stocks. I am going to go with 205/40/17s this year in order to dial in the spacers I can run. Then over the winter sell the tires and send the wheels to weldcraft to have them widened as much as I can clear. I will probably end up with 265 or 275 rears and 225 fronts.

Check Out my build log

Denny I've been looking at gto's to buy lol. I've found a few. If I end up not moving I'm going to try and get one. But I'm going to get one with the 6.0 in it. There not as expensive as I thought.

Do it. Get a 6.0 6 speed car and learn to drive stick. They have some of the best value of any car on the market. They have amazing interiors, great drive trains comfortable ride, etc. The only issues are minor for the most part. Strut mounts go bad early with stock ones. I now have polyurethane bushings. And as anyone who saw my car at slamology knows they have major sagging issues. Also the bcm needs its wires re-taped to keep from arcing off the glove box frame. Imo the car is perfect with a nice headunit, coilovers, 05/06 front brakes, and a descent stereo anything else just makes them a little better.

So, the Porsche lip didn't fit like you thought?

This one is gto specific and the price and timing was right. I may still experiment with the 911 lip.

ugh. i cant help but smh when people buy fast cars with nice engines.... that are auto's. ugh.

I wish everyday I had a 6 speed but when I got the car I was just learning stick.

Check Out my build log

@ Mtnbike I've had a lot of people who drag race a lot tell me auto's are the best. Because the car knows when to shift. That way it's one less thing to fuck up.

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

I evaluated my front stage issues today with the help of Ih8punkrok. So one tweeter is definitely blown. the crossovers are really an unknown issue. The mids are still good. So I looked at my kicks and I don't think I can do anything more effectively than a single 8 there. I think I am going to try to get RE rex8d4's. So the RE SX's may not have ever played in the car there will be an RE sub playing in it. For tweeters I will probably go with some sort of vifa tweet. I like how the attached vifa tweets look. I like the dayton 3s or vifa 3.5s. If I do a 3 way front stage I think I am going to go with one of the previously posted MB quart OA400.4s and probably a MB Quart ONX2.100 for the RE's. If I go the 4 way route and keep the zapco 6.5s, run the 8s in the kicks, run tweets in the pillars, and a 3-3.5s in the door I will probably use 2 OA 400.4s or maybe 1 400.4 and one more powerful 4 channel. I may glass the 3 or 3.5 into the sail panels if the kicks turn out well and there is not enough space in the stock speaker grill area.

Vifa tweets:http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=264-1018

REs: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_27300_RE-Audio-REX8D4.html

Vifa 3.5s: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=264-1062

Dayton 3s: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=295-422

Check Out my build log

Archived