The Rodeo: 4 Zv4 15s: 6th Order: 4 SAZ 3500s: Small Updates pg 39

Then after a few more layers of just resin

IMAG0355.jpg

And a final sanding with some finer grit paper this is how it sits right now

IMAG0356.jpg

Its not perfectly smooth but with how long that would take, its just not worth the return. So this is how it will stay. The next step will be to start building the inner sub baffles and then the front loading wall. All that will be done this weekend.

Also, picked up some Shok RCAs and 50' of 4 gauge for my sub speaker wire and mids and highs amps

IMAG0357.jpg

I know it doesnt look like there is much space but this is where the mids and highs amps will go...

IMAG0358.jpg

Team NorthWestSPL

Very clean shell I like it! Gonna be bitching.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

only thing I dont really like about this is all the angles in it. Hopefully that doesnt work against you.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Good work bro! Nice rebuild....def. tuned in for this...do work!

if you put a DD-1 in your amp terminal and it immediately went up in smoke, i would be concerned.

If you shoved your dick in the terminal and it didn't blow up but a month later it blew up, i STILL WOULDN'T be able to blame your dick.

It just does not make sense at all.

Thanks! Its getting closer now, at least im starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

Team NorthWestSPL

only thing I dont really like about this is all the angles in it. Hopefully that doesnt work against you.

Hopefully not, I've been a bit worried about that myself but we shall see. I am building the baffles to be removable so i can keep trying new things and make changes in the shell if need be.

My goal was to gross 40 cubes in this shell...i ended up with 59 :blink: so I have some space to lose if I need

Team NorthWestSPL

How many layers of glass did you end up doing?

Just a single layer of glass, its

How many layers of glass did you end up doing?

Just 1 layer but it was the thick stuff, 27 oz per whatever (dont remember the actual units). Then a few layers of resin over top of that. Mostly just used it to make sure everything was sealed up and had a uniform surface.

That girl is insane!! How'd she survive that without a mask and goggles.

And she's good at glassing

Haha, we actually were wearing masks most of the time, forgot a couple times though. The fumes dont really get bad until things start to cure and we were working in small batches so we were able to get out of the truck before it was very noticeable.

But yeah, I was surprised, she said she wanted to try it so I said be my guest! It was her first time and I think she is already better than me lol

Team NorthWestSPL

Archived