The Rodeo: 4 Zv4 15s: 6th Order: 4 SAZ 3500s: Small Updates pg 39

do you have any pics of the design you are using?

On 2/27/2013 at 9:21 AM, Swordlordboy1234 said:

Who needs electrical! It's a bc3500... They make power out of hopes and dreams of children

1990 Oldsmobile  Cuttlas Cruiser- New build coming soon!!B47FCE3C-8667-408C-8884-8393C4DAE824-1875-000002C58366462A.jpg

Just an FYI bro, hearing your build inspired me to wall my car to begin with..

You have made awesome progress and the complexity of all those angles makes my head spin in circles.

You're right though, this could either be efficient as shit, or sound like poo. Only one way to find out;)

Can't wait to hear it, good luck Mitchell!

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Looking great. Tuning in to this build.

Just doin' my thing in the car audio. Still working on getting build forums up.

Gen Coupe

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188409-2013-38-genesis-coupe-track-when-speed-meets-bass/

Door pods for these guys

prs+pic.jpeg

Making a template for the general shape of the pod from the door panel

Spring+and+Begining+of+summer+2011+032.J

transferring them over to some of that pink styrofoam stuff

Spring+and+Begining+of+summer+2011+033.J

Spring+and+Begining+of+summer+2011+034.J

cut out the foam and started to add pieces and shape it to get ready for resin and glass

Spring+and+Begining+of+summer+2011+035.J

More foam went on after ^this picture was taken and then the foam parts were wrapped with plastic wrap so the resin and glass wouldn't stick to it. Then stretched the cloth and here is how they looked after the first resin layer. No glass yet.

Spring+and+Begining+of+summer+2011+051.J

Spring+and+Begining+of+summer+2011+052.J

very nice fabrication work sir!

Vehicle: 1999 Chevy Suburban AKA The Bammin' Beast

Battery: 25 XS Power XP1000's

Sub Amp: 3 DC 9k's

Sub Stage: 18 DC Lvl 4 M2 12's in a Nasty 4th Order

Subscribe now! Prizes will be given away for every 1000 subscribers!

Thanks for all the words of encouragement guys, its good timing haha. I had a big f-up last night trying to put the baffle in. I mixed my resin a bit too hot and things started to harden up before I was ready for it so I had to rip the baffle out while it was half-way in and prepared. Now I have to spend some time grinding and sanding things down again to get ready for round two (going with a different method this time). Its not all that bad in reality but it pissed me off last night so I called it a day and decided to go back at it tonight...

Nikita: thats pretty cool, glad I coule inspire such a beast build haha its awesome for such simple electrical that you are running. Can't wait to hear it now that you've wired down!

As to the box design, I had a few general ideas that I was considering depending on how the shell turned out. I have some sketchups done for spacing and calculations but i probably wont post until the build is done (youll have to stay tuned to see how things develop ;) haha)

Posting a few update pics in a sec

Team NorthWestSPL

only thing I dont really like about this is all the angles in it. Hopefully that doesnt work against you.

Hopefully not, I've been a bit worried about that myself but we shall see. I am building the baffles to be removable so i can keep trying new things and make changes in the shell if need be.

My goal was to gross 40 cubes in this shell...i ended up with 59 :blink: so I have some space to lose if I need

uhh how in the world do you calculate cubes with all those angles?

just a ton of math or what?

Hahah yeah I basically started by assuming I had two big rectangles for the front and rear chambers. Then calculated the volume of all the displacements of the angles which were basically extruded triangles and subtracted those displacements from the first volumes. I'm guessing my final volume is +/- 1 cubic foot or so. The only part I "guessed" on was at the top rear where the top side 2x6 meets the big angle along the top of the rear wall. I didn't really feel like getting into that math haha.

So started building the rear baffle, 3 layers thick for now (will add a 1-2 layer flush mount at some point down the road).

IMAG0359.jpg

Then routed the sub holes after gluing the layers together.

IMAG0360.jpg

Test fit looks good

IMAG0361.jpg

Hit the back with the biggest round-over bit I had and cut out the slot for my removable rear port.

IMAG0362.jpg

And finally put a layer of resin on both sides and sanded it out smooth.

IMAG0363.jpg

I thought I took more pictures but apparently not haha hopefully Ill have a shot of the rear baffle mounted in the shell after tonight.

Team NorthWestSPL

Archived