Sonic Electronix

Has anyone built a small enclosure behind the door panel for an 8" or something similar bc if so I would like to see pics. I'm planning on doing this to my doors and just curious and how the setup looks and stuff. Thanks.

yah, meade did.

Look up irpirate on the forums here. he's got 3 8" sundown neo pros in each door panel and one in each kick.

I would usually avoid using subs in your doors, unless they work well in infinite baffle situations. some regular midbass drivers will work just fine.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I was wanting to try and put some dc 8s in my door just to see how it would be but I wasn't sure how it would sound. I know they wouldn't be great free air that's why I'm wanting to do a small sealed enclosure for it behind the panel.

don't do it. that's a lot of weight for your doors to support.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

The amount of fiber glass your guna need is also going to make it heavy as shit

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

I'm working on redoing the 8" mids in my doors right now. So not pure woofers but same idea, only a little weaker construction is needed.

I put some mdf boards in the door to get away from the glass then made a mould with tape:

IMAG0883.jpg

After the first layer og glassing had set i ripped it off and removed the underlaying boards. Then I just put it back and started adapting it further to the door.

I keep the window down all the time so I make sure it wont be restricted:

466220_10150664158606386_613106385_9821638_465651255_o.jpg

When I'm done reinforcing I'll attach an mdf baffle, then move on to adapt my door panels. My doors had no speakers in them originally.