DC Sound Lab

killed a level 6 coil

how much would a 15" SMD be? for trade with a 9515? ha, yeah when ilooked at it coil looks good but i guess i havnt blown any of my subs yet so ..haha

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

how much would a 15" SMD be? for trade with a 9515? ha, yeah when ilooked at it coil looks good but i guess i havnt blown any of my subs yet so ..haha

Coils will still look brand new, after being smelly for months. Resistance would also be ok.

I'm just saying to the OP, that smell is probably nothing to worry about. If you've ever smelt a hard clipped sub, then compared it to the DC smell, they are different.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Coils will still look brand new, after being smelly for months. Resistance would also be ok.

I'm just saying to the OP, that smell is probably nothing to worry about. If you've ever smelt a hard clipped sub, then compared it to the DC smell, they are different.

The good o smell of glue. I have my level 6 with a D9, boxed tuned to 29hz and was smelling as first. But the. It doesn't smell anymore when I bump for like an hour. ONLY time it will start stinky is with a clipped song or anything above 38hz+

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

The smell is not glue burning off. You are smelling coil, but it will go away once the sub breaks in. What happens is with such a stiff suspension as the level 6 has, there is not enough coil movement in the gap to allow proper airflow and cooling. Once the sub breaks in and the coil can move freely in the gap, it will cool properly and the smell should go away.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

The smell is not glue burning off. You are smelling coil, but it will go away once the sub breaks in. What happens is with such a stiff suspension as the level 6 has, there is not enough coil movement in the gap to allow proper airflow and cooling. Once the sub breaks in and the coil can move freely in the gap, it will cool properly and the smell should go away.

This I can attest too...

yea i put another 4 hours on her today going the kansas city and it stopped smelling so will see

89 Ford Bronco 2

6 DC XL M2 12's

1 DC 9K

Dual Singer Alts

7 Xs D3100s & 1 D6500

All Audio Techinx OFC 1/0

Doing 55s at 26hz!!!