DC Sound Lab

killed a level 6 coil

i used track 7 on smd cd idk what db it is there was no buning smell sub wasnt hot nothing was hot and when i can c through the split of the former and see the 8th layer of coil is pure yellow copper it wasnt clipping at i actaully turned the gain even more down from where dd-1 said it was clipping so i put everything on it wasnt clipping i will take a video toworrow or monday depends on if i have time of me redd-1ing the amp to prove it wasnt clipping

89 Ford Bronco 2

6 DC XL M2 12's

1 DC 9K

Dual Singer Alts

7 Xs D3100s & 1 D6500

All Audio Techinx OFC 1/0

Doing 55s at 26hz!!!

the track 7 is about the worst thing you could have set your gains with. Decaf i think said his music is around -5db, which means you have a HUGE gap which just about all the basslines will be over. DD-1 is useless if the user doesnt know how to properly use it. you were probably almost constantly clipping as far as bass amp.

next time set it with 0db or -5db and i bet it doesnt happen again.

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

song clipping or distortion is possible right? and +7 or what ever on dd-1 would be for burp box's right? lol big damage tho lol

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

The DD-1 is a great tool for the average consumer to set gains consistently and accurately. But, a DD-1 is not an end all solution to never clipping your woofers. Different songs are written at different levels, some include clipping from the start and some don't. It is the users responsibility to be "in tune" with their setup and recognize when they are pushing to hard and adjust. For example, I've watched the man Steve himself alter his levels constantly depending on song and frequency. I saw it as a constant monitoring of the health of the setup and controlling variables. I'm sorry you thought this woofer was indestructible and using the DD-1 was definitely a good move now you need to refine these skills by using the DD-1 with the right tones (I used 40hz -10db for my Scope) and constantly improving on how you are controlling the system.

-Drew

**Remember, woofers and amps are stupid. They only do what they are told and you are the bus driver on this road to DBs

Edited by Noobtastic14
  • Like (+1 Rep) 9

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

So you used a -15db tone to tune your amp but were burping using a 0db test tone most likely. So yes YOU WERE CLIPPING THE FUCK OUT OF YOUR SIGNAL! That IS the cause of your sub blowing.

Also your warranty on the amp is void for wiring at .5 ohm. The reason you went into protect is that you most likely did not have enough rise to get you up over 1 ohm reactive.

He protected when the coil burnt and shorted..its happened to me many times... that I cois a clipped...square wave did that..I've done that a few times also..turn gains down...zero bassboost...watch voltage you should be ok

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

dont blame the sub..blame user error...bad box, most likely clipped signal and you were at a comp doing a 149 so im sure you maxed everything out to try to get a little more and break that 50 mark

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!