Second Skin Audio

MDF Flex

Yeah, I'm sure, trust me, I'm not a complete idiot. All I asked for was what material is stronger than MDF, and got my answer. Don't sit here and criticize why my box is flexing, I know why, and I'd rather just learn on my own. Got my answer, that's all I need. Kthanks.

Sigh... These people are trying to help you. They know what the fuck they're talking about. If it flexes with that much power, it's not built right. They're trying to prevent you from making the same mistake(s).

Rather than "learning on your own," why don't you take their advice, try it, and if it works, consider yourself learn'd.

This is what he always does. Asks a question because he fucks something up or doesnt understand, and turns any response in to an attack. Bottom line is, MDF is a strong enough wood. Either its built horribly, thickness is lacking, or design is flawed. Getting stronger material WILL NOT solve the issue if the issue in the build or design. This is not an attack, but truth. Fuck, you have issues listening when asking a question.

Edited by TeamHT

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Yeah, I'm sure, trust me, I'm not a complete idiot. All I asked for was what material is stronger than MDF, and got my answer. Don't sit here and criticize why my box is flexing, I know why, and I'd rather just learn on my own. Got my answer, that's all I need. Kthanks.

Sigh... These people are trying to help you. They know what the fuck they're talking about. If it flexes with that much power, it's not built right. They're trying to prevent you from making the same mistake(s).

Rather than "learning on your own," why don't you take their advice, try it, and if it works, consider yourself learn'd.

This is what he always does. Asks a question because he fucks something up or doesnt understand, and turns any response in to an attack. Bottom line is, MDF is a strong enough wood. Either its built horribly, thickness is lacking, or design is flawed. Getting stronger material WILL NOT solve the issue if the issue in the build or design. This is not an attack, but truth. Fuck, you have issues listening when asking a question.

OP when you decide to stop throwing your money away on faulty boxes and get over your own defensiveness you will listen to this guy, he knows much more than you or me combined. Do it right the first time and save yourself the headache.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Solid oak 1 1/4" dowel for bracing.

this, with glass on the mounting location (after the glue drys and the dowel is in) and wood glue

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

here's the build log, there's a video in the last post on the first page, and another on the second page.

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

what part of the box is flexing?

it really doesn't come across as being very loud in the video, are you sure the woofers are all in phase?

no one said you were a complete idiot man, they are all just trying to help you out man. Like they said if you used 3/4 mdf and brace it properly there should be no flex, i used 3/4 mdf on my box for my 2 18 aq hdc4 and right now there only seeing 4000 watts but theres no box flex going on. Its just comes down to where your brace points were and 1x1 braces wont do you much good, the brace itself would flex, a quick solution i did was a 3/4" bolt and washer and nuts, keeps them walls tighter than all hell.