What is a good music file

I think the important thing here is to make sure the OP isn't dumb enough to UP convert from low bitrate .mp3 to .wav or .flac

If you're gonna make a .wav or .flac file, start with clean source material to begin with. IE: directly off the cd

i go to school for this shit. haha :P

you can always get back the original file bit and sample rate (16bit CD's w/ 44.1khz sample rate)

but you can never go up in bit depth and sample rate (like a 32 bit 96khz) because you will get horrible chops and other shit will go wrong.

there is an AMAZING quality file (but I'm blanking on what it is) but the file size is HUGE.

best bet is to go just straight mp3.

its what i use.

AHA!!! Its the .FLAC file name. those things are crazy great quality but take up stupid amounts of space.

Edited by Robby Holmes

'08 Chevy Cobalt coupe 2.2 base model trunk build:

2 9512iSC flatwound alum 1.5 coils

-extra 9500 spider pack

-8" platinum carbon dustcaps

1 DD Z1 (.375ohm nominally daily)

3g31 AGM

320a Ohio Gen alt

1 DD S4 4 channel

4 VO-M8v1's (holes cut for 3rd pair)

2 CS 6.5's

2 VO-B1's

Sony XAV-601BT

all Knu Krystal RCA's

Cadence 7band EQ

148.3db @ 32hz (burp)

148.4 @ 37 & 38hz (burp)

146.xdb 90sec average (center windshield)

I have about 6 hours of material in 24bit 96khz. Blows away 16/44.1 CD in depth and clarity, all FLAC. Can't listen to too much mp3 if I can help it.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Like sanitarium says i need to find out what the file is created before deciding to convert it, or just leave it the file it is... i did a few sound test today on different file types and its and seemed that there are some mild differences. the wav files didnt seem to make any difference and just took up a lot of space. and in fact when converted to wav file and compared to a mp3 file at 320kbs the mp3 file seemed to have sounded better.

Yeah I honestly can not really tell the difference between 192 & 320 and those compared to WAV but def when you get low esp 128 you can tell right away. I even have some VBR tracks that are like 137kbps and what not, kinda weird!

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical