I'm sure you have your reasons for the 12" rail but wouldn't for manuverability's sake couldn't you go with a 9" or even shorter?

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

I'm sure you have your reasons for the 12" rail but wouldn't for manuverability's sake couldn't you go with a 9" or even shorter?

Rail length wont affect maneuverability IMO. Plus depending on how you hold the rifle, the longer rail will be an asset. Watch some of Magpuls "art of the dynamic carbine" series.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

yep if you have long arms then you want a longer rail ive been dying to do a 12 inch barrel with a 11 or 12 inch rail or a 14.5 wiht a 13 inch rail it just looks bad ass too

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

True I didn't think about how arm length could affect the desired length.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Exactly, The way I maneuver my rifle, a standard 7-9" carbine length hand-guard will not work, as I will be grabbing bare barrel..lol.

Yuppers... plus Im a big dude, that short of a hand guard is no bueno. Be grabbin barrel. I was hesitant to "c- clamp" hold the way the magpul guys teach, but after watching alot of their instructional vids and trying it out.. I like it. definitely gives great control of the muzzle when switching targets, keeps sweeping past the intended target to a minimum when working fast. Oh, and Im hoping to enter my first 3 gun match at the end of this month.

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Just got back from the shop, ordered my upper and some other goodies, went the same route as you for mine, VLTOR MUR , ftmfw!

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Skippy, paper covers the serial number of the gun.

I do the thumb over bore hold. Was much better for me personally than the C-clamp method.

C-clamp and thumb over bore essentially the same grip are they not? Im just deciding and playing with using just the fore end, or possibly adding either an angled or vertical foregrip... I definitely like the thumb over the top though, does help to drive the gun to the target much more effectively.

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Archived