Second Skin Audio

15" tline???

I was throwing around box ideas and was interested to see if anyone has built a tline for a 15?? Or if anyone has any suggestions on either staying with a standard ported box or building a tline. From personal experience I built a tline for one twelve and then built a ported box just to see a comparison...results were honestly not much different. Ported box sounded punchier...and depending on the song maybe just a tad louder...but the tline all around played better. Now I could have not done the tline 100% correctly....but it's the first and only one I built. So does anyone have any pros/cons on tlines?? Especially for a skar vvx 15??

I encourage anybody to experiment with new boxes. I have seen 15s in a line but not specifically any SKAR woofers in a line yet. Also, dassa big'ol box.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

No no no definitely did not just do it by looks....i built it for one fi x 12...so I went to fi's sight and found out the cone area of the sub. So my port is 5.75"x13"" which makes 74.75" inches of port area. And I tuned it to 35hz so the port was 8 feet long. Once it was done I put it in and had it like that for about a week. I noticed it seemed like it took more power then it should have to make it hit decent and the lows weren't loud at all. It would shake my mirrors doors back window toof everything but with almost no sound. When I built the box I put the sub at the far right and the port went down the left 26 inches...wrapped back to the right 26...then back to the left 26 and exited facing the same way as the sub and I believe that length was about 18 inches. So wat I did is I cut that 18 inch side off to raise the tuning to roughly 40hz and it sounded way better. Still took quite abit of power. Then I fried the voice coil on the sub lol. I'll post a pic of what the box looked like when it was tuned at 35hZ