Just wondering what some opinions are on the best motocross track day rigs are. I might be looking into buying one with a couple of my highschool motocross buddies for track days and riding trips. Our budget is basically as low as possible for something that fits a driver, a few bikes (room for 4 bikes would be nice) and race day essentials without a trailer. I've been looking around at some vans like the Chevy Express and Ford E-series, as well as school buses. So far I think my best local find is a 1991 36 passenger school bus, V8 diesel, ~120,000 miles for just under $2000 (we would gut out all the seats except two front benches).

I want to hear about everyone's rigs and suggestions! All input is appreciated!

Around here you can buy an E150/E250 for dirty cheap. If you're just using it for a race rig mileage isn't a major concern, those things run forever anyway.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

id do the bus. fuck yeah. you could make an area in the back for the bikes and then an area in the front to kick it at. im not sure if you need a cdl or not though.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

id do the bus. fuck yeah. you could make an area in the back for the bikes and then an area in the front to kick it at. im not sure if you need a cdl or not though.

That's what I was thinkin. As long as enough seats are removed and the remaining ones have lap belts, I think I wouldn't need a cdl. I'll look into that though. Not sure what our laws are on it. But yeah we'd strip the seats out and put in some anchors on the floor for tying bikes down, then maybe build some sort of shelving/storage compartments with scrap plywood. And of course a table and seating up front for hanging out which I could build at my school's shop for little to know money on my part. If I get a couple guys into this idea it'd only end up costing us each less than a grand, not too bad for a decent rig.

and it would be the place to hang out when not racing. throw a cheap flat screen up paint it flat black.

ive often thought about doing something silly with a short bus. It just takes me too long to roll shit with my work schedule and life. my wife would shit bricks if i brought home a short bus

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

in most states as long as you have NOT FOR HIRE on the vehicle no need for a cdl

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

Just checked my provincial driving laws and I can drive a bus with the license I have as long as I don't transport passengers, which is ok because we'd take another car anyways just in case we run into trouble with the bus haha. :good:

I called the guy today, he said it's still for sale and nobody has even gone to look at it yet. Probably going to go take a look at it on Friday and we'll go from there.