Sonic Electronix

New Bose System!? Or Something Else?

Here guys I can explain how the whole BOSE deal goes....

I used to be Bose certified, proudly wore my leather Bose jacket, went to a few Bose classes, passed my certification. So I heard the whole story of Bose, then I heard the whole story from a very smart speaker engineer who I worked for, who been in the business for 30years.

Bose directs thier sales, and technology towards the older crowd, 50yrs old and up, and women

Why? Because the older you get, you hear things differently, highs and lows become more sensative to the hearing. Hence the "No highs, no lows, must be BOSE" They engineer there speakers for that reason, people over 50, and women, they heard about the same. Us under 40, tend to like our trebble, and bass booming, but it actually is annoying to older people- Thats why we get all these people who hate on us Boomers-

It is tested, and has been tested for years, with age, your hearing gets sensitive in different areas, and Amar Bose caught on to that, and realized , Well older people usually have money, look for quality equipment, and are easily annoyed with the common stereo systems that this older generation cannot stand. He is a damn smart person to get in to that area of marketing.

Yeah, the speakers are cheap, the quality is okay, but the unique thing about Bose is---- The Eqaulization that they use for sound control

They know that bass is 360hz and lower, that is where bass is non localized, so why do you need speakers that play lower than 360hz on the satelite speakers?? You can have a "BASS" module that takes care of all that. No, its not a subwoofer, thats a bass module. Bose doesnt make any subwoofers. They built 1 subwoofer for concert use, it was just a really big bass tube, thats it, nothing special

So, yeah, BOSE is all Marketing, and engineering on the equalization of sound to the listeners point of view-

Better sound through Research-

Better sound to the ears of the researched consumer- 50+yrs old

They sound good, thats about it... Iam sure when Iam 50, my mind will change, and I will think they sound Great, but until then, I love my 20hz bass lines, and clean crisp highs all the way beyond where I cant even hear it

Just what I needed to hear lol.

Well seems as though, this is ideal if I want to save some space but NOT the greatest choice if i'm into booming bass systems.. and seeing how my car no longer has bump, i dont want to be without.

So i've been searching around for the Logitech Z-5500 system, and found it for 259.99$ and then a 30$ rebate from ClubIT.com I have never shopped here but they have the best final price i could find.. Next to that would be like 279.99$ either way its around 250-300 and retails 400.

Either way, i think i'll prolly get the Z-5500 instead, i just got to find where I want to buy it from. (trusty source)

Here is pricegrab for them.

http://computers.pricegrabber.com/speakers/m/4117156/

06 SCION tC

here is a great company and great price I have altec's for my p.c. (which dont work anyway need a new one) but they sound great!

Alteclansing

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

the only thing i really like about bose comp speakers is the volume knob..that thing kicks sooo much ass...

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

I have some AltecLancing speakers, i got them for my laptop a while ago, sister's stupid hampster chewed the sub wires.. i am going to be fixing that here in a bit.

vs4121.jpg

But these look sweet man! and i know the quality is pretty good and the price isnt too bad. I got mine for 30.00$ on a black friday deal last year! cant beat that!

fx5051.jpg

But i think i'm going with the Logitech Z-5500

logitech-z5500.jpg

06 SCION tC

Well, I fixed that Sub that was chewed on the Altec Lansing speaker system, and I took down the big speakers i had and i set these up, It definately freed up lot of space, now i'm trying to get used to it so that when i get the logitechs i will know how its going to look and obviously going to sound much better.

Here is the before picture, with the big speakers,

P5300165.jpg

P5300167.jpg

06 SCION tC

There is a BOSE outlet in Gaffney where I live and yeah, being an audio nut I always go crank their stuff. Even though I love it loud and obnoxious, they surprised the hell out of me. I would buy the 5 series if I had the money and was getting a deal like that.

dc lvl 4xl 12

kicker zx1500

2 sets of kicker ds6.5s

optima yellow top (extra batt) with big 3

1/0 guage and 3 150amp anls

eclipse cd5000 headunit