So a comment/thought on the sub level for setting gains with the DD-1. My alpine 9887 is very clean. With the -5db tone its does not distort at full volume with sub level all the way up (the choices are 0 to 15). Measuring from the RCAs right before they go to the amp. I set gains at this level with the DD-1 because I measured with a DMM (still useful here) and saw that I was not getting full RCA voltage unless that sub level was cranked. With this setting the gain on my sundown is only about 1/4 of a turn up to reach full power. I then run daily at around sub level 4-6 depending on the song and then turn it up to 15 for full power.

I am not at all saying all decks are like this but it has worked well for me and I believe some systems will be more effective ran like this since you will be getting full voltage from your RCAs and allow your amps to work easier since they don't have to do as much "amplifying."

Of course I could be missing something here, if so let me know!

Sub level you will typically set at max (or near max)

Bass level (the EQ function) you will set flat.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Stop hating on the dd-1 just because its an SMD tool... If it where to say snap-on or any other company name nobody would be questioning it and would trust it. Why don't you questioned any other tool???

I'm pretty sure nobody in this thread has hated on the DD-1. The arguement, is the result of the DD-1 vs a scope and a DMM. As far as I am concerned, a scope and a DD-1 will give you the same result. The only difference, is that with the scope you see the wave soft clip and stop increasing the gain and with the DD-1 the light turns on and you stop increasing the gain. With a DMM you are actually guessing because you are assuming the amp puts out rated and the farther the amp gets away from its rating the more inaccurate your gain setting will be. You are the bus driver on the road to Dbs be careful and understand that shit happens with or without a DD-1 or Scope. -Drew

Edited by Noobtastic14

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Apparently if said cream says SMD, he's gonna buy it.

or maybe he is tired of seeing people diss on the product because it has my name on it. (not neccessarily people here, but in general)

i bet 2/3rds of the haters would be on board if it was JUST D'amore on it. 100% of the people who hate me have NO reason to hate me and people that like me are just as sick of seeing it. Well i take that back, out of the 100% who don't like me, some already didn't like me (for no reason) and talked some shit........then when i say something back to them, they REALLY hate me. I can't think of one thing i did to anyone FIRST to deserve some of the negativity i get.

Yeah you did do something. You are making money and have fame. You are doing what you want to do. We all know that some people just don't like to see anyone do something that they aren't doing or that they are too afraid to do.

can someone explain to me how setting gains with a DD-1 not under any load is accurate for distortion and clipping?

i set my gains with a dd-1 at vol 25 at 14.4 volts no distortion no clipping.. sweet im done i hit play crank it full tilt and drop to 12.4 volts that just dropped my clip and distortion ceiling way down so now at vol 25 i am in fact distorting and cliping

im just curious on how that works?

dont you have to set the gains with your car off?

i havent tuned my amps since i first got the dd-1 so cant remember correctly but i do remember my car being off during my tuning

Apparently if said cream says SMD, he's gonna buy it.

or maybe he is tired of seeing people diss on the product because it has my name on it. (not neccessarily people here, but in general)

i bet 2/3rds of the haters would be on board if it was JUST D'amore on it. 100% of the people who hate me have NO reason to hate me and people that like me are just as sick of seeing it. Well i take that back, out of the 100% who don't like me, some already didn't like me (for no reason) and talked some shit........then when i say something back to them, they REALLY hate me. I can't think of one thing i did to anyone FIRST to deserve some of the negativity i get.

i can think of a reason and im sure you know why they dont like you..... its because you got louder and coming up in this world and people cant live with that. some people hate when people come up in life. all i have to say is fucking hater will always be around

can someone explain to me how setting gains with a DD-1 not under any load is accurate for distortion and clipping?

i set my gains with a dd-1 at vol 25 at 14.4 volts no distortion no clipping.. sweet im done i hit play crank it full tilt and drop to 12.4 volts that just dropped my clip and distortion ceiling way down so now at vol 25 i am in fact distorting and cliping

im just curious on how that works?

dont you have to set the gains with your car off?

i havent tuned my amps since i first got the dd-1 so cant remember correctly but i do remember my car being off during my tuning

car off at resting voltage and a car under load are 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT things

and no the car can be on

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Stop hating on the dd-1 just because its an SMD tool... If it where to say snap-on or any other company name nobody would be questioning it and would trust it. Why don't you questioned any other tool???

I'm pretty sure nobody in this thread has hated on the DD-1. The arguement, is the result of the DD-1 vs a scope and a DMM. As far as I am concerned, a scope and a DD-1 will give you the same result. The only difference, is that with the scope you see the wave soft clip and stop increasing the gain and with the DD-1 the light turns on and you stop increasing the gain. With a DMM you are actually guessing because you are assuming the amp puts out rated and the farther the amp gets away from its rating the more inaccurate your gain setting will be. You are the bus driver on the road to Dbs be careful and understand that shit happens with or without a DD-1 or Scope. -Drew

Very well said.

-notDrew

• Like (+1 Rep) 1