Second Skin Audio

Ray vs PWK (9518sc Box)

Would this count as a versus thread you may ask? Well, no actually, why would it when there really is no comparison?

I had PWK design me a box and i built it, then yesterday i had Ray give me specs on what he thought the box should be at ( after he LOL'd at the PWK box). The box is for a 9518 super charged, on roughly 1.9k.

Ray wins hands down, this thing is playing with so much more authority its not even funny. Its like an atomic bomb on punch notes, the upper notes like around 70-80 are soooooo much more musical, hell all the notes are more musical. It may drop off i a bit more at 25 hz or so, but screw slowed music anyways, and its still loud as balls. Had 2 other people listen already for reference, and they agree with me.

Ray you are the man, it only took you 5 minutes to throw me some specs and it took PWK 2 weeks to make a design.

Cant' wait to meter this and hopefully do better than a 145 sealed.

By unanimous decision, Ray wins.

:twirl:

-Slamminbeats

Never tried a Ray design, tried some PWK for customers...never impressed. I remember this coming up a couple years ago and there used to be SO many people swearing by him. I will see if I can find the threads.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

The only thing about the PWK box you wont have with rays more than likely is that the pwk box is probably pretty flat all the way from 20-80 and there really aint no peak that it hits.

PWK builds for SQ not for getting loud.

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

The only thing about the PWK box you wont have with rays more than likely is that the pwk box is probably pretty flat all the way from 20-80 and there really aint no peak that it hits.

PWK builds for SQ not for getting loud.

This is what is normally said, but I begged to differ. And then I was told it had to have been builder error, I begged to differ there as well. But who knows :shrug:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived