Second Skin Audio

My Box Builds

carshateme

NIce looking box, ant. You got any vids of the setup?

Couldn't have done without your design! and Not yet, my brother needed my car today but when he comes home I'll try to get some, I only have my blackberry as a camera though so Im not sure how well it will be.

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

i told him to totally get rid of those braces. they are pointless in this box. 2 level 3 in that double baffled box do not need bracing. I see hes still getting sloppy with all the silicone caulking all over the place as well.

Lol thats wood filler..there was a small crack from my saw slipping, so I had to fill it in so I filled all the corners with wood filler. The box was meant for two level 4 DCs....mine I will be building with no braces...I will be taking your advice on that. There was no silicon added.. Just wood glue/clamping/screws. My fingers are fat...so I can't just put it in the cracks.

That is one sick ass box man. I love the lime green, one of my favorite colors.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

I know :( I guess it doesn't help when I'm listening to birthday cake by rhinna.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Your bro is a lucky SOB lol.

Nope, he used to be a basshead but now he doesn't even know how to work my HU which is weird because the stock radio in his caddy is confusing as fuck! But I guess lucky me because I'm driving a 2012 cts around all day haha he's still got my truck so ill get that video up for you tmo, ill PM you it because I feel bad about taking over OP's thread, my bad dude.

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

Painted MDF:

Newboxbuild6-14-08011.jpg

IMO, if you are not interested in building the best product at all times, then it's not worth doing to begin with.

I have pics of that Buick Special, didn't really wonder who built the system but when I seen it my first thought was "man, if only the builder had spent a little more time prepping that panel so the screw holes weren't visible". Having built a box where I tried to fill in the screw holes so they weren't visible, I know how time consuming it is to get it done perfectly cause mine looked like the one pictured above....pretty good depending on the angle you're looking at it but very easy to point out many of the screw holes that got filled in.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

i told him to totally get rid of those braces. they are pointless in this box. 2 level 3 in that double baffled box do not need bracing. I see hes still getting sloppy with all the silicone caulking all over the place as well.

Lol thats wood filler..there was a small crack from my saw slipping, so I had to fill it in so I filled all the corners with wood filler. The box was meant for two level 4 DCs....mine I will be building with no braces...I will be taking your advice on that. There was no silicon added.. Just wood glue/clamping/screws. My fingers are fat...so I can't just put it in the cracks.

That is one sick ass box man. I love the lime green, one of my favorite colors.

Either all thread or wood dowel for bracing bigger boxes. Both have their challenges finish wise so they do take some practice. There is other ways to brace a box if you are worried about vibrations.

As for the wood filler or caulking, the cheating way to clean the edge is to wipe it down with a very damn cloth. All you really need is a 1/8- 1/4 bead at the edge. And more then that is a waste. Also the way you cut a caulking tube helps make smooth lines. Lastly, wet you finger and lightly smooth over the caulking, if it starts to bunch up around your finger, lighten up on applying pressure. Your finger is to smooth over the top, not swab through it like icing.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Painted MDF:

Newboxbuild6-14-08011.jpg

IMO, if you are not interested in building the best product at all times, then it's not worth doing to begin with.

I have pics of that Buick Special, didn't really wonder who built the system but when I seen it my first thought was "man, if only the builder had spent a little more time prepping that panel so the screw holes weren't visible". Having built a box where I tried to fill in the screw holes so they weren't visible, I know how time consuming it is to get it done perfectly cause mine looked like the one pictured above....pretty good depending on the angle you're looking at it but very easy to point out many of the screw holes that got filled in.

Yeah it does have flaws. It was also my first sprayed box face. The wood filler sucked in a little bit weeks after it was together. I haven't seen that car in a good number of years now.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived