Second Skin Audio

My Box Builds

carshateme

Do this:

1. Sand surface smooth with no deep scratches (use filer if needed)

2. Prime 2-3 coats sanding with 320 grit between

3. Spray Color coat, use light coats many layers sand at the last coat with 400 grit and spray one more layer and sand with 600 grit or 1000 grit

4. Now spray clear coats several thin layers and sand after 5-10 coats with 600 1000 and 2000.

5. Then Buff with rubbing compound, then swirl compound (maybe one or another) and later after a couple week cure you can use car polish or a jewelers rouge...

Use quality spray paint.

Spray on thin layers at a time. 8-12" away from the surface.

And follow the directions on the materials you're using. If it says to let cure for 4 hours, let it cure for that time, if not more.

End result:

Finished.jpg

Winning.

Not my piece of wood, but this started as MDF and ended up looking like a mirror surface just by following the steps above.

good lord that's awesome!!!

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

The wood filler sucked in a little bit weeks after it was together. I haven't seen that car in a good number of years now.

Same problem I had with my box. So what do you use now to fill in screw holes like that without having to worry about shrinkage?

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

The wood filler sucked in a little bit weeks after it was together. I haven't seen that car in a good number of years now.

Same problem I had with my box. So what do you use now to fill in screw holes like that without having to worry about shrinkage?

Last one I painted I had used a flex filler. I use the smart brand. works better then evercoat and is way cheaper. Been told it's the same factory. once thats in and smooth I then hit it with a filler primer for a few coats, with a few rounds of sanding. once it looks like glass with primer, its then ready to paint. I try to get away from any screw hols on any box that needs to be painted these days. Good wood glue and small brad nails

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

In case anyone wanted to see, I uploaded a video of my subs playing, dont hate me but the audio is terrible but its in 720p

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

I'm so thankful I wasn't wearing my head phones..my ears would've been raped to death, but good shit ant.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

I'm so thankful I wasn't wearing my head phones..my ears would've been raped to death, but good shit ant.

Haha my bad, the audio on my phone didn't sound that bad till I uploaded it online it got much worse haha

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

retune your amp so that your not at full bore at 37 out of 62 :)

My front stage isn't amped so I can't really put it any louder without some distortion from my mids and highs, 45 at max. I do agree with you though, I need a serious tune up haha

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

are you using a high pass filter?

I have it crossed at 80hz on my deck but once I hit like 46, 47 it starts to distort slightly not bad but I can hear it and I hate the way it sounds. I actually have an amp wired up in the car but I'm too afraid to put my front stage on it because I've never set up a 4chan before and I don't want to blow anything. And its a crap 4ch its an mb quart fx series

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

Archived