321slapinbass Posted February 25, 2013 Report Posted February 25, 2013 sweet man i will be waiting for that demo so get it done. 2000 Dodge Durango Subs - (2) SKAR VVX 15 D2's Box - 7.2 ft^3 @ 33hz, 120 in of port Sub amp - Digital Designs M2 @ .5 ohm Mids + Highs - PRV Audio Mids + Highs amp - Hifonics 2000.4 Headunit - Alpine CDE-100 Equalizer - Clarion EQS746 Batteries - Mopar group 27 + (2) C&D 52ah Wiring - 1/0 BIG 3, (2) runs 1/0 Alternator - Singer 250A 147.79 dB @ 35hz - burp - sealed on dash 147.47 dB @ 35hz - music - sealed on dash YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/321slapinBass/videos
Omega5002 Posted February 25, 2013 Author Report Posted February 25, 2013 And got more doneInternal port holder doneFront baffle doneEverything all ready to be assembled, though it's done for tonight, I'm beat lol 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Trey_Dog650 Posted February 25, 2013 Report Posted February 25, 2013 Nice progress man! Port came out good 13 Kia Forte Build! 07 Hyundai Accent Build ***Super Seller*** N8ball2013 And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.
Omega5002 Posted February 25, 2013 Author Report Posted February 25, 2013 Thanks man, really appreciate the complement 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
FieroGrande Posted February 25, 2013 Report Posted February 25, 2013 Looks great man, I always wanted to build one similar to yours. Are you going to round over the port ends
Omega5002 Posted February 25, 2013 Author Report Posted February 25, 2013 Looks great man, I always wanted to build one similar to yours. Are you going to round over the port ends Didn't plan to cause of a few things - Sonotube ended up wrapping into an oval - I don't know where to find a 10' pvc to do that - I'm not crazy about numbers, and I don't think it should make much of difference Though thank you 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
stroupe79 Posted February 25, 2013 Report Posted February 25, 2013 looking forward to see what you can get outta the Skar IVXs http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/ 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Alpine CDE-hd148bt Alpine PKG-RSE2 PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors Kicker KX350.4 Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2 revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2DC Audio 1.2k5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar AudioTechnix 60mil deadenerKnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)
dog24fret Posted February 25, 2013 Report Posted February 25, 2013 Looking good Omega. Cowboy Escort GrAnny ThUmper The Burp
Omega5002 Posted February 26, 2013 Author Report Posted February 26, 2013 So, I learned something about torres when trying to mock assemble the pieces, when you add a baffle to the box, the calculator doesn't change the side lengths, so meaning when I tried to mock up the box, the front baffle was sticking out a 3/4 inch, and I was worried about the box losing structural integrityThough basically, the sides on torres said 24 inches long, but in reality, they are supposed to be 23.25 inches long, so meaning I'm gonna have to set up a cutting station again, use a straight edge, and go slowly with the jig saw that was lent to me, though sucks it's raining now.Though to those using the torres box calculator that want to do extra baffles, make sure to subtract the side dimensions to fit the baffle. 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Omega5002 Posted February 26, 2013 Author Report Posted February 26, 2013 Well, I fucked up on cutting the sides by 3/4 inch, learn the hard that a jig saw, even a good one like the Dewalt the guy let me borrow, can't cut straight, especially through double layer, I was trying to cut 24.5 to 23.75 but luckily I have some 24x16 pieces, just need to cut another circle. The baffle sticks out a 1/4 inch but the box is gonna be strong anywaysI also owe the guy new blades, no biggie thoughHere's a mockup pic btw 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.