Sonic Electronix

Hey whats up everyone? I was at my local audio shop today and found out they have a term lab for the public to use. I believe it was $15.00 per run. What do yall think about the price? A little steep or ok? I just figured I would bring this to the attention of the community in case there is anyone here in East NC that would like to test their system on a term lab. I will post the location and name of the shop below.

Thanks for looking and hope this can help someone out

-James

Shop:

Autophonics

1894 Sunset Ave.

Rocky Mount, NC

Phone Number:

252-212-1715

IMG_20120501_123102.jpg

Edited by 252chevyboyz

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

This will definitely help out some locals from the Hampton Roads Va area man! Thanks for posting this up! I can deal with a $15 dollar fee, or I'll just spring for lunch whenever I come by :)

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

only thing id look into is if they actually let you test on it.. or if its a 30 second run and thats it.. if they actually let you test 15 bucks is a damn good deal.. if not then it really wouldnt be worht it

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Oh damn... Thought it was your shop OP! After noticing that lol, X2 on what platypus said. And is it a real TL, or is it the SPL-Meter?

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Glad to hear someone will benefit from it :) If you go to lunch in Rocky Mount I'd recommend Chili's or Applebee's as there arent many great places to eat around here. I will be running my system through the TL here pretty soon probably. Its nothing but 2 12's on a 1200W amp (about 700-750 RMS) but I'm still curious haha. I hope to get the money to upgrade to a competition friendly system here soon though. No problem though man anytime that I find something that may help out the community I try my best to post it up as soon as I can.

-James

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

I wish I could start up my own shop but my funds just wont allow me haha. Anyway I called the shop and talked to James. He said it's $15.00 per run and as for the time limit I ask is it a 30sec run or are you able to test? He said "The meter is yours until you peak" so there isn't really a time limit on it. You can use it until you find your peak DB. I also ask him if it was an SPL meter or term lab and he said "It is a term lab and we are hoping to get an SPL meter soon" then I said the sign on the door says SPL meter and he said "I will have to fix Zee's work and make it read Term Lab".

-James

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

That is outstanding man! Thanks a lot for the quick updates James :good:

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Not a problem at all. Glad I could answer the questions for ya'll and make the post a little more detailed. The people at Autophonics are great about answering any questions you have to ask even over the phone just in case anyone needs to call them. I'll help out my fellow bassheads anytime

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

• 2 weeks later...

Dude no way I'm located in rocky mount too ill have to check out auto phonics man I'm looking for somewhere to get an install job to learn more about custom boxes and all and make money of course and all I dropped a resume by wires ill have to check out auto phonics too thanks man

Hey whats up SMZ I'm glad to see another member that is located close to me. Glad this thread could help you out. I haven't seen your Xterra around town. If you have a system maybe we could meet up for a demo sometime. I wish I could also get a job that deals with my one of my favorite hobbies. Wires is a good shop and I am about to see if I can pick up some 1/0 wire for my big 3 upgrade on my Tahoe. Autophonics only has Q Power wire and I was hoping to get a different brand because i'm not sure how good that wire compared to Rockford, XS Power, or Tsunami.

I know Autophonics was hiring Installers a couple months ago. They are a pretty nice store and the people working there are level headed and pretty chill. It would be a great place to work. They are normally a pretty busy place with a good inventory of subs/amps. They also own the store Wilson Stereo and Sound. Taking a woodworking class and welding class wouldn't be a bad idea for an installer. I may try to pursue being an installer in the future though. Anyway good luck with the job and shoot me a PM if you want to meet up sometime for a demo.

-James

Edited by 252chevyboyz

My Selling Feedback

Build Log