Hello everyone! names Rich Im a retired engine development tech for GM, before that i built hot rods, race cars and worked some top fuel. I currently opened a small performance shop here in Bristol TN and decided to get back into audio. the last car audio project was way back in 94-95 it was a Beretta with 7 component sets in each door and 6 JL audio 12's, par 225,pce 440 noise gate,frx 322, some eqt's and several precision amps.

I can see some things have changed others never will,Im not up on some of the current stuff so go easy on me for a bit ;)

My current project is a BMW M3 sedan its taking longer than i had hope'd for, but money is a little tight with opening the shop,wife,kids,hail damaged roof that insurance wont cover and the list goes on!

here are some pics of the progress(please excuse all the mud for now we were having some monsoon flooding problems for awhile here)

The car for the project

DSC00150.jpg

I upgraded all the factory ground points with 0 gauge

DSC04437.jpg

DSC04435.jpg

shoe horned some 6in mid bass's in where the factory 5in were

DSC04422.jpg

cut the factory tweets out and epoxied new ones in there stock housing. I couldnt do the same for the mids :( working on carbon trim rings for those

DSC04420.jpg

making the mold for the trim rings

DSC04429.jpg

putting in some sound deadner

DSC04391.jpg

DSC04390.jpg

Port location for the box into cab via rear deck

DSC04395.jpg

starting on the amp rack and WTH im going to fit them lol

DSC04418.jpg

box in with one hole cut testing fitment

DSC04399.jpg

1/8 in clearance @ full excursion to the rear seats when up( not much but it clears)

DSC04434.jpg

glad to see you made it to the forum.. i had a feeling you would chime in on this. there are some real knee slappers that happen in this sub forum.. so be prepared.

Thank you

glad to see you made it to the forum.. i had a feeling you would chime in on this. there are some real knee slappers that happen in this sub forum.. so be prepared.

got another sub in today!

DSC04438.jpg

just one more an i can start with the resin and carbon on the front. I wish i wasnt spread so thin, its killing me waiting to get parts, i like to just do it all at once!

Nice work and them some drop dead sexy subs! I used to be a tire tech for GM accessories, built mostly 20s and 22s in Central Florida. GM out sources the factory chrome rims to the company I worked for. Anyways back on topic, what level are your DC subs, and what else do you plan for your build?

10in xl m2's

custom_10in.jpg

custom_10in2.jpg

custom_10in3.jpg

well my goal is the 3 10's with 2500rms going to each, 4-5 xs power d3100's, mechman 320a(largest i can find for a BMW),everything prettied up with some carbon glass work and maybe one more set of components on the rear deck. i had planned on needing alot more but i went with the PPI Powers because of size and originally wanting to hack them into the stock housings, to my surprise they are REALLY loud and clean. Im sure ill end up with a line driver and something like a dqxs also.

Edited by V8SRSLO

With that electrical you could dsfinitely run more power, just sayin! Looks like you do good work

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

With that electrical you could dsfinitely run more power, just sayin! Looks like you do good work

Thank you! yes there are plans for at least another 6k to the subs!