Help with my suspension, Cause I don't know what I'm doing.

A few of you know I'm doing a full rebuild in my Mazda 323. Last build I needed to do something about my suspension but never did. This time I am adding an extra 600-700 lbs over the rear tires and need opinions from people who actually understand what they are doing. I didn't want to do air ride but it looks like that is the way I have to go.

So, Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to get the parts I will need for bagging? Or offer any alternatives? I am trying to keep this as a daily driver.

Is your car struts or shocks in the rear? If it is shocks, you can find a pair of "air shocks" that you can run a hidden line to somewhere and add air to them with a regualr air line to increase your payload... Not the best solution, but a good one if it'll work in your application. There are also a couple places on the net in which you can order custom built coil springs that will fit your specific car, but have a much higher, stiffer spring rate... Thats all I got, hope it of help to you. Ill see if I can find you a link for one of the spring places.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Is your car struts or shocks in the rear? If it is shocks, you can find a pair of "air shocks" that you can run a hidden line to somewhere and add air to them with a regualr air line to increase your payload... Not the best solution, but a good one if it'll work in your application. There are also a couple places on the net in which you can order custom built coil springs that will fit your specific car, but have a much higher, stiffer spring rate... Thats all I got, hope it of help to you. Ill see if I can find you a link for one of the spring places.

I've checked all auto parts stores and noone can get anything for my car. Air shocks were my first thought.

then maybe the custom coil springs are your best option. Just do a quick "google" there are a lot of places that will make coil springs to suit your needs. probably be best to google and go with someone near by.

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

If you have coil springs,

Airlift 1000

Edited by BFF Larry

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

custom coils would be his most cost effective and easiest route to take IMO. No lines, no compressor, no nothing but a set of replacement coils..easy and done in an hour if he has the right tools.

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Im with Bigsix.. Try and Find new springs. It will be the less work than tryin to find for make a air ride kit work for your car.

What year is your 323

Edited by Keith77

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Im with Bigsix.. Try and Find new springs. It will be the less work than tryin to find for make a air ride kit work for your car.

What year is your 323

92, and I agree. I really didn't want to do bags, so I was needing opinions. Problem is I don't have the tools and noone around me can help (I've checked). I was originally going to get new oem springs and have them stretched but everyone said that was a bad idea.