Trippi's Hummer the Final Chapter (Eye Candy on page 36 & 52)

But anyways if any manufacture of alts, or someone with more knowledge would like to answer my question I'd greatly appreciate it!

Guest DC Power Kyle

Technically blue transpo box wise there should be two alternators to a regulator but I personally would do one per. It's easy to do 12 alternators or whatever the hell he has and then don't give them all the field current they need to actually do the output they can. I feel he did this just for show but I hope I'm wrong... Trippi is a great guy I just wish he would've given me a chance to work with him with less headache.

Can you answer this-

From my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong kyle) but if the batteries aren't completely topped off would they still be drawing amperage from the alts trying to get a full charge- in other words whether you are playing the system or not the alts will always be under a full load.

Alternators are load driven by a regulator whether they're external or internal. If done correctly if the vehicle only needs 30 amps of power it will take 30 amps of power from the alternator(s). So no, it will not do full output constantly unless something is hooked up wrong.

Okay, my reasoning was since the batts wasn't fully charged/still drained they would be drawing off the alts trying to charge, but the voltage would remain at 15.8v thus batts never being full charged and alts never getting a break.

Okay, my reasoning was since the batts wasn't fully charged/still drained they would be drawing off the alts trying to charge, but the voltage would remain at 15.8v thus batts never being full charged and alts never getting a break.

Batts don't want charge, they resist it every chance they get. If they wanted to be at 14.4 they would be at 14.4 (or 16.x for 14v batts) so no they don't demand to be charged. in fact the set point of 15.8 would actually be better on the alts especially considering how many batteries there are

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Actually dom having multiple accounts is a bannable offense. Being an asshole is another one. Whether you choose to believe it or not kyle has nothing to do with your posting issues. There are zero admin actions to kyles name in the last god knows how long, and you can't clear the logs without wiping all transactions.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Guest DC Power Kyle

Alternators are not "load driven" by the regulator. Guess again. How about you explain just how a regulator works for all these fine people... Im sure they would love to know.

You were correct about the 30 amps though...

There is nothign you can hook up wrong to make your alt do full power.

David, Your still wrong. First of all.. why are the batts still drained when you have 4 XS Power chargers? Thats the first error. Which is exactly why the alts are configured the way they are.

You're*

Its not blocked. Neither are your IPS. If you think everyone here is an asshole feel free to hit logout and not cone back. You should have that disappearing act thing down pat by now

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Guest DC Power Kyle

I don't have to put up with your bullshit and neither does anyone else. If you have any issues you can take it up with the site owner.

Goodbye. :)

im glad were all adults on this site and act as such.... would be a shame if some acted like some whiny babies

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Archived