Trippi's Hummer the Final Chapter (Eye Candy on page 36 & 52)

Posting for Iraggi

"

Gas tank simple... Take 5 batts out.. put a tank back in there.. Done. There is no need for a tank anywhere else or additional fuel.. Hes not gonna drive 900 miles anywhere. 50 batts is more than enough for this truck. Its not going to kill anyone to drop 5 batts. Or 55 batts actually. I forget, have to count.

100,000 watts and even only 50 batteries comes to 2000 watts per battery. and thats not even including alt power. .. and thats also counting tweeter amps and 8" speaker amps as pulling the same current per watt as sub amps.. which is nowhere near as much. Take into account alt power and now your down to 1500 watts per battery. So unless your saying an XS Power D1400 cant power a 1500 watt amp playing music sufficiently 50 batteries are enough. So I really dont see what the big deal is.

AGAIN ... YOU DONT NEED TO PUT A FUSE BETWEEN THE BLOCK AND ALTS. THE FUSES NEED TO GO RIGHT AFTER THE BLOCK ON THE RUNS TO THE BACK.

ONE FUSE BLOCK TO THE LEFT OF THE DISTRO BLOCK (6 FUSES)... AND ANOTHER FUSE BLOCK BETWEEN THE BRAKE FLUID RESERVOIR AND HOOD LATCH. (THE OTHER 6 FUSES) WHATS THE BIG DEAL?

I dont want David touching anything I did... supposedly he couldnt even install his own alt in his cougar back then... Even though he and his father have been building race cars since he was 10 years old.

As far as removing the battery... all unnecessary shit for nothing. You dont need a tank up there. There is more than enough room for a tank of adequate size to do what Trippi needs. If someone wants to pay me for doing double work.... Ill move the battery and change the wire to blue... but only on word from Trippi.

""

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

The Alts match the subs u can't beat that even with chrome Alts and baskets

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Interested to see how you fuse after that type of block he used, without touching his work.

I don't think it is even the fusing anymore, yet the complete lack of disrespect toward Trippi because he doesn't like the other builder involved. Sad.

I'm more interested in seeing it actually run with that much drain on the motor trying to turn all of that.

Curious with that...if that many more pulleys on that motor cause drag, then how efficient are those alts gonna be if the motor itself cannot maintain?

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Will the distro block handle that much current? I can't find the page it was on cause I'm on Mobile. I guess it would be fine but I never have tried to throw that much current around.

Posting for Iraggi

"

Gas tank simple... Take 5 batts out.. put a tank back in there.. Done. There is no need for a tank anywhere else or additional fuel.. Hes not gonna drive 900 miles anywhere. 50 batts is more than enough for this truck. Its not going to kill anyone to drop 5 batts. Or 55 batts actually. I forget, have to count.

100,000 watts and even only 50 batteries comes to 2000 watts per battery. and thats not even including alt power. .. and thats also counting tweeter amps and 8" speaker amps as pulling the same current per watt as sub amps.. which is nowhere near as much. Take into account alt power and now your down to 1500 watts per battery. So unless your saying an XS Power D1400 cant power a 1500 watt amp playing music sufficiently 50 batteries are enough. So I really dont see what the big deal is.

AGAIN ... YOU DONT NEED TO PUT A FUSE BETWEEN THE BLOCK AND ALTS. THE FUSES NEED TO GO RIGHT AFTER THE BLOCK ON THE RUNS TO THE BACK.

ONE FUSE BLOCK TO THE LEFT OF THE DISTRO BLOCK (6 FUSES)... AND ANOTHER FUSE BLOCK BETWEEN THE BRAKE FLUID RESERVOIR AND HOOD LATCH. (THE OTHER 6 FUSES) WHATS THE BIG DEAL?

I dont want David touching anything I did... supposedly he couldnt even install his own alt in his cougar back then... Even though he and his father have been building race cars since he was 10 years old.

As far as removing the battery... all unnecessary shit for nothing. You dont need a tank up there. There is more than enough room for a tank of adequate size to do what Trippi needs. If someone wants to pay me for doing double work.... Ill move the battery and change the wire to blue... but only on word from Trippi.

""

I was talked to XS power and was given how much current draw I should limit each battery too, (because you know thats the sorta stuff you do you dont just assume things ;)) Id really like to have around 60 batteries in this thing. But I'll have to settle for 52 because thats all I could fit, NOW you want me to drop even more batteries.... yeah no thanks. P.S. its amperage draw that matters not watts because not ever amp has the same efficency....

and LOL thats funny he wants to bring up my cougar alternator now, because last time I did he deleted me off facebook AND blocked me...because you see, he owe's me 1,000 dollars over that whole or-deal. I dont wanna go into TOO many details but I went thru 6 or 7 of his alts for my cougar...everytime one blew I threw my stock on and it did just fine...so did my mechman for the next 2 years I used it

I know where the thread is about that whole ordeal, i have it bookmarked.

I read it the other day and literally fell out of my chair from the blatant ignorance. Couldn't hardly believe it. But now I do.

Still, no one has answered my question of the alternators charging capabilities..

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I know where the thread is about that whole ordeal, i have it bookmarked.

Pm the link :) pretty please lol

It will have to wait till I get home at 830 cst

Archived