Different sized rear batteries..

lol hell ya buy my batts i dont care what your mixing them with we got a bizz to run here needs that money!

like i am or any bizz owner is gonna tell you not to buy there product because your not using it to its optimal level
Edited by Team Bassick (ALPINE)

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

I had a Kinetic HC2400 in back and a yellow top group 34ish size up front. The Kinetic rested at 13.1V after a good charge and the yellow top would sit at 12.7V. The optima would drag the kinetic down to 12.8V every day, and then I had a long trip for work and had to leave my car at the airport for almost 3 weeks. Got back and my batteries were resting at 12.5V. Obviously the optima was continuously dragging the kinetic down and after they reached the level of the lowest batt the drain slowed down a bit but still continued to happen.

yeah dude, sure... but, that close?? come on...

edit - a milli volt? geesh,... your meter wont even see that, thats what im sayin... and again... if your tripping on a half a volt, you have other issues...like i said, if you bought 2 d3100's, do you thing they would both rest dead nuts???

Edited by KyLar96

Unless they are draining them down with the quickness to the point where you can't start the car I dont see how half a volt is going to cut a batteries life down massively with as much punishment as a true car audiophile puts on them as long as he puts a good charge to them a la driving around for more than a few minutes I really don't see how a battery is just going to get damaged n have a reduced life span/. If anything you would more likely get a damaged worn out battery from the heat of the summer then it dies in the winter when you try to crank.

Edit 2 - and the higher battery doesnt "charge" the lower... i mean, amperage wise,... what does a battery 'pull" ???? To me, they will find equal, between the 2, and rest there.... and cutting it half life?? wow... i dunno....

I believe that the lower charged battery will pull from the higher charged battery because it will try to get to an equilibrium as stated before I think that it's something about how if say one battery in a bank is drained because it has given more amps to the amp than the rest then the rest of the batteries will be pulled from until they are equal voltage

Sorry if that is confusing I just remember seeing that in a thread pretty recently but I forgot how they put it

I'm sure alpine can expand on it or tell me if I'm completely wrong. Lol

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

Edit 2 - and the higher battery doesnt "charge" the lower... i mean, amperage wise,... what does a battery 'pull" ???? To me, they will find equal, between the 2, and rest there.... and cutting it half life?? wow... i dunno....

I believe that the lower charged battery will pull from the higher charged battery because it will try to get to an equilibrium as stated before I think that it's something about how if say one battery in a bank is drained because it has given more amps to the amp than the rest then the rest of the batteries will be pulled from until they are equal voltage

Sorry if that is confusing I just remember seeing that in a thread pretty recently but I forgot how they put it

I'm sure alpine can expand on it or tell me if I'm completely wrong. Lol

Voltage and amperage are different.... by your logic, you would need the same ah battery up front, as the back... there is countles people on here running a d3400 up front, and a d3100(s) in the rear... and they are different....(not to mentoin, you could buy 2 identical bats, and they wont rest close to each other, not that close anyway) when i said "amprage' i was talking about, haveing 2 batteries, and one "charging" the other, no amplifier involved... nothing involved.... the 2 batteries will find equal ground, and not sit and "pull and push" on each other all day,....., and if your talking a full volt(s), then, you have a nother problem.. thats all i meant, will i get another xs, you bet,... am i worried my car wont start tomorrow?..... come on......

try like half the life there is no set number tho it could take half the life 3/4 of it or just a quater depends on the batt

but if it takes 3/4 of the life a batt that last 4 years will now last 1 year rule of thumb i would automaticaly minus half its life if doing this

oh wait your the smart guy that thinks high post count = beat up equipment well in your case i say it will take 99% of its life away cause you are clueless

So what you are saying is by using 2 different batteries they will last only 25% as long? And pray tell where did you come up with this theory oh great conductor of knowledge?

This post has soo many assumptions running in it. I can tell you that the dry-cell and agm batteries are basically the same inside. This is from actually working in the plant that manuf. most of the dry cell batteries for a variety of companies. Ford,gm,chrysler,walmart,sams club, advanced auto, interstate.. etc. I been thinking about runnign this interstate megatron up front and this yellowtop optima in the back myself. The same type of battery I always chalked up to urban myth. I am not sure about wet cell vs dry cell. The optima is a dry cell agm battery and the interstate is also a dry cell battery. I always thought what would happen is they would drop down to the lowest resting voltage of the battery whatever that is.. so if one is 12.9 and the other 12.5 the one would feed on the other till the two were the same voltage. Could be totally wrong thou.

so first you say that these are all assumptions and you used to work in a plant that made batteries. then you say that you really don't know. brilliant

try like half the life there is no set number tho it could take half the life 3/4 of it or just a quater depends on the batt but if it takes 3/4 of the life a batt that last 4 years will now last 1 year rule of thumb i would automaticaly minus half its life if doing this oh wait your the smart guy that thinks high post count = beat up equipment well in your case i say it will take 99% of its life away cause you are clueless
So what you are saying is by using 2 different batteries they will last only 25% as long? And pray tell where did you come up with this theory oh great conductor of knowledge?

i could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he was giving those numbers as examples. the part about "there is no set number" kinda gives that away.