Can't wait to see it all in there Wicks ..I'll be starting my E46 sedan build sometime next month hopefully...I'll be running a active setup also. ..I already have my audiocontrol crossovers and PHD 3way components and a set of CDT 8's ....I need 2 more 4ch amps still I plan on running 2 in front and 1for rear fill... what are your thoughts of mounting location for your 8's ? There's not a whole lot of room for us on the driver side kick....been following your build for awhile and always look forward to your updates

Can't wait to see it all in there Wicks ..I'll be starting my E46 sedan build sometime next month hopefully...I'll be running a active setup also. ..I already have my audiocontrol crossovers and PHD 3way components and a set of CDT 8's ....I need 2 more 4ch amps still I plan on running 2 in front and 1for rear fill... what are your thoughts of mounting location for your 8's ? There's not a whole lot of room for us on the driver side kick....been following your build for awhile and always look forward to your updates

Another E46! Sweet, can't wait to see it.

I just saw your mention of using some 8's and was going to ask you the same question... :D

Man, I'm not totally sure at the moment.

Like you said there isn't much room in the drivers kick and my 8's are fairly beefy.

So I'm going to try and jam them in the kick panels since I want to modify my doors as little as possible....but then at the start of my build I never would have imagined I would have chopped into my rear deck and look what happened there...

;)

:drinks:

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

I just saw your mention of using some 8's and was going to ask you the same question... :D

Like you said there isn't much room in the drivers kick and my 8's are fairly beefy.

So I'm going to try and jam them in the kick panels since I want to modify my doors as little as possible....but then at the start of my build I never would have imagined I would have chopped into my rear deck and look what happened there...

;)

Yeah I hear you. .. I've been looking at buying door panels off EBay and modifying those

;)

Yeah I hear you. .. I've been looking at buying door panels off EBay and modifying those

Yep, that's a great idea.

I looked around for a spare set of panels but my interior is a bit rare and hard to find.

Maybe I'll have to take another look.

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

I didn't realize the PPIs were valued so much. I was given a 2 channel.. I think a 600 watt amp.. and its been in my closet lol

Nice though Jamie!

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I didn't realize the PPIs were valued so much. I was given a 2 channel.. I think a 600 watt amp.. and its been in my closet lol

Nice though Jamie!

:o You have an A600 just sitting in your closet?

Details?

Yeah, mint condition Art series amps are highly coveted by collectors.

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

Nice though Jamie!

Details?

LOL yup :)

Ill be home in like 2 weeks.. Ill hit you up on FB or here.. Maybe for what you think its worth.

I just want to do some testing with it first.. she's old haha

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I just did an eBay search and there are a few of these amps on there.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Nice though Jamie!

Details?

LOL yup :)

Ill be home in like 2 weeks.. Ill hit you up on FB or here.. Maybe for what you think its worth.

I just want to do some testing with it first.. she's old haha

Definitely!

Don't underestimate because of its age.

These guys were built SOLID with great components, unlike products today which are made with the cheapest parts available.

Have you seen my post(s) about refurbing my Punch200. 20yr caps in it were better then new ones I got to replace them... :o

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

Archived