how are you liking the bit one compared to the 360? and how is the screen on that new kind of remote? i have the brightness turned all the way down on mine and i think its alittle intense when i drive in the dark, it lights up really strong and is really distracting, i cover it up when im driving in places where there are no streetlights.

Don't know yet.

Still in the process of fab'ing it into my trunk.

Going to be a different, and much better, install then where I had my 360.

Along with that are changes to the mounting around my plexi window, DC9K amp inputs and outputs and some other cosmetic tweaks.

I have noticed that the remote dims with darker surroundings but I haven't tried it out much in the actual dark, in the car.

The blue LED on my bass knob is BRIGHT.... I know that for sure, so we'll see. The LEDs are adustable so maybe I'll have to try a different color then blue...?

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Might look sweet if it has a close to matching Orange light that the BMW interior lights have. Might not be that disturbing when its the same color as everything Else aswell. Take some pictures on how you do the plexi part for the cover over the dc 9k, thinking of doing the same with the 5k that is mounted on the floor of my trunk to hide the cables and make it safe to put some stuff ontop of it in the trunk

Might look sweet if it has a close to matching Orange light that the BMW interior lights have. Might not be that disturbing when its the same color as everything Else aswell. Take some pictures on how you do the plexi part for the cover over the dc 9k, thinking of doing the same with the 5k that is mounted on the floor of my trunk to hide the cables and make it safe to put some stuff ontop of it in the trunk

Yep, lots of color options.

I LOVE the blue LEDs but this would match the dash lights pretty well, well apart from the blue text.

IMG_3374_zpsy8ofpba1.jpg

Plexi cover for the DC9K is done and looks awesome.

I'll post up some pics once things are buttoned up a bit more but I'm liking how things are turning out.

Waiting for another gallon of Rage Gold to get here.......... -_-

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

Love the way that remote looks, the grey one matches my center console pretty well but those New remote look much cooler than the old one and to get the remote properly flush mounted i will need to use some filler so i have to paint or wrap the console anyway because the old drc does not have that frame that u put it in that overlaps on the outside...

Im sure the trunk is going to look awesome when ur done with it like everything Else you have done on the car this far

Since my 9K is inverted, I've had a hell of a time getting it in and out of the trunk.

Usually I need to lug it over and rest it on the edge of the trunk opening with the top upwards...connect all the cables...Then pick it up, twist it over (keeping all the extra long cables in line and not catching anything...rest it carefully in the trunk and mount it.

Not the easiest task, especially when the monster barely fits in the trunk anyway, much less inverted.

I needed a better way of accomplishing this, especially since I've had this thing in and out of the trunk numerous times in all the fab work I've been doing.

I needed a way to invert the terminals as well, so I have full access to them with the amp upside down.

So...I came up with this, not the prettiest mod I've ever done, but much more functional.

882-amp%20speaker%20terminal2_zpstaitxvc

881-amp%20speaker%20terminal_zps7ff9ti6d

These ends are all covered up anyway so looks aren't much of a concern.

Now I can simply drop in the amp and attached the cables which can now be properly sized lengthwise. :good:

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

Since my 9K is inverted, I've had a hell of a time getting it in and out of the trunk.

Usually I need to lug it over and rest it on the edge of the trunk opening with the top upwards...connect all the cables...Then pick it up, twist it over (keeping all the extra long cables in line and not catching anything...rest it carefully in the trunk and mount it.

Not the easiest task, especially when the monster barely fits in the trunk anyway, much less inverted.

I needed a better way of accomplishing this, especially since I've had this thing in and out of the trunk numerous times in all the fab work I've been doing.

I needed a way to invert the terminals as well, so I have full access to them with the amp upside down.

So...I came up with this, not the prettiest mod I've ever done, but much more functional.

882-amp%20speaker%20terminal2_zpstaitxvc

881-amp%20speaker%20terminal_zps7ff9ti6d

Now I can simply drop in the amp and attached the cables which can now be properly sized lengthwise. :good:

Good idea! :good:

Good idea! :good:

Thanks!

Also gives me just two SOLID bolt connections for the subs as opposed to those 4 TINY allen screws that always strip out and you never seem to have the right wrench for......

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

So with the speaker out terminals inverted, I needed a solution for the power connections as well.

Attaching the power cables first and then flipping the amp over caused those 6 large cables to flop around and loosen up at the amp power terminals.

I really like the 1-1 adapters that I previously got for ease of installation but again they are set up for upwards mounting only.

So my thought was...Hey Toolmaker does custom stuff, maybe he can whip up some custom terminals for me....?

So props go out to Cody (CJ18) on this one.

I hit up Cody about custom terminals.

Rather then suggesting an expensive custom option, he suggested something rather simple.

Why not drill and tap the other side of your existing 1-1 adapters...

Brilliant!

Here we go...

Amp as is...no way to get to the terminals inverted.

883-amp%20power_zpsf0f1cklf.jpg

Existing adapter in a vise, ready to drill the other side.

884-amp%20term%20drill_zpstq06owef.jpg

Drilled. Sure enough I didn't have the right tap (5/16-24) so off to Amazon I go...

885-drilled%20term_zps5qrxumnf.jpg

Tapped.

886-term%20tapped_zpsrouuwmla.jpg

Adapters installed upwards.

887-amp%20terms_zpspuinku0b.jpg

Flip over and install the set screws in the new holes.

888-amp%20invert%20terms_zpshbjjo0yd.jpg

BOOM. With another set of adapters, I now have a ridiculously easy way up connecting to my inverted 9K :good:

889-amp%20terms%20installed_zpssczkxm9a.

So of course I went to Codys site and ordered a new set of adapters to go with the inverted set.

Yes, this is a fair amount of adapters connected together. It should have decent power delivery with very little loss.

Besides...with 9K on tap, I'm not too worried about power loss. LOL

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

sooooooooooooooooo,...........................................................

Where in the FUCK, are pics, vids, comments of the bit dsp yo ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Carry on. B)

Sorry.......

Lots of fab work going on.

The Bit is going in a totally new location which is still in the works.

Plus the 9K has been out for a while :(

So I haven't even had a chance to try it out yet.

I just had the 360 tossed in a corner of the trunk.

The BitONe is going to be showcased a "bit"... <_<

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

Archived