This is a SOLID TRUNK build right here ^^^^^ Very very impressive. Man you have put alot of hard work into this and it looks sooo nice ! NICE numbers too. Cant wait to see footage of your dc woofers with that dc 5k ! keep it up!

Thanks Dude!

:good:

Appreciate the comments.

Yep, working on the footage, but my Kenwood is in the shop and I don't have my highs amp in at the moment so things are a bit torn apart.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the small absence, I'm back! :woot:

Got super busy at work, zero degree weather, snow and of course I got sick...

Time to start buildin' again.

I'll call this update "3rd Times a Charm".

Those following my build know that I've been using RG6-type coax cable for my RCA's.

I've tried Canare LV77 and then normal RG6 coax and haven't been happy with either.

As many have probably mentioned, its just too thick and difficult to use in tight install places like the dash of an M3.

I was looking for an alternative and sure enough SMD came out with their own line of RCA cables.

I really like the fact that they came out with two different versions for each type of signal transmission (single ended and differential).

Most companies throw a lot of marketing hype at twisted pair cables when a majority of people have single-ended systems which don't benefit at all from the twisted wires.

It's nice to know that a company is looking out for you and will offer the right solution without just trying to take your money.

SMD offers three different sizes currently: 3', 6' and 16'.

Well, I measured my required length and it came in at a minimum of around 20'.

I make sure and have a foot of cable available behind the HU so that it can be taken out easily, plus I have the cable routed around the drivers side of the car, back to the trunk and then over of the passenger side of the trunk where my highs amp will be mounted.

Adds up to a lot of cable length.

I saw that Steve mentioned they could do custom lengths if needed so I shot an email over to WC Car Audio.

Steve emailed back and said they could do it, so I ordered a normal 16' cable which will work fine for my DC5K and then a custom 20' cable for my other amp.

Last Friday, I was at work and got a call from a CA number I didn't recognize (didn't even notice that it was a 916 area code).

I answer thinking it'd be some telemarketer or something that wants to bother me....

To my complete surprise I hear... "Hey, its Steve Meade" :faintthud:

It was the man himself calling me up to talk about the RCA cables.

Not a dozen of back and forth emails, an actual call.

Turns out I'm the first person to order a set of custom RCA's :rockwoot:

Steve wanted to know some shipping details and such.

I'll just say that Steve's a very down to earth guy and great to deal with.

Last night the cables were delivered and they do look impressive.

Individually packed with their own detailed measurement sheets.

IMG_1394_zps2e8febf9.jpg

IMG_1395_zps6c29cf31.jpg

IMG_1396_zps9e01649b.jpg

Can't wait to get these in and try them out.

I'll get some more measurements on them and show some comparisons with ordinary RCA cables.

Thanks Steve! :good:

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

they looks nice try them and tell us what you think about them

ivsmd.png

06 Trailblazer ss

2 Team shok industries tsx 18s
Phoenix Gold ''THE ONE''
2 Phoenix gold 800.4
4 crescendo mp6.
2 crescendo mp8
bass processor

Dc power 270xp

150ft 1/0 ofc sky high cable
1 juicebox lithium 0.5kwh 14v/40ah
kenwood dnx8120
BCAE1.com
YouTube channel : REaudioxxx1
build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160106-trailblazer-ss-xxx/

• 2 weeks later...

badass build here!

I have no idea how I missed this?

Thanks Dude!

"slow" badass build at the moment... LOL

Damn cold weather and snow...

Hopefully I can get some good updates coming soon.

I have a few good ideas developing.

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

Sorry for the small absence, I'm back! :woot:

Got super busy at work, zero degree weather, snow and of course I got sick...

Time to start buildin' again.

I'll call this update "3rd Times a Charm".

Those following my build know that I've been using RG6-type coax cable for my RCA's.

I've tried Canare LV77 and then normal RG6 coax and haven't been happy with either.

As many have probably mentioned, its just too thick and difficult to use in tight install places like the dash of an M3.

I was looking for an alternative and sure enough SMD came out with their own line of RCA cables.

I really like the fact that they came out with two different versions for each type of signal transmission (single ended and differential).

Most companies throw a lot of marketing hype at twisted pair cables when a majority of people have single-ended systems which don't benefit at all from the twisted wires.

It's nice to know that a company is looking out for you and will offer the right solution without just trying to take your money.

SMD offers three different sizes currently: 3', 6' and 16'.

Well, I measured my required length and it came in at a minimum of around 20'.

I make sure and have a foot of cable available behind the HU so that it can be taken out easily, plus I have the cable routed around the drivers side of the car, back to the trunk and then over of the passenger side of the trunk where my highs amp will be mounted.

Adds up to a lot of cable length.

I saw that Steve mentioned they could do custom lengths if needed so I shot an email over to WC Car Audio.

Steve emailed back and said they could do it, so I ordered a normal 16' cable which will work fine for my DC5K and then a custom 20' cable for my other amp.

Last Friday, I was at work and got a call from a CA number I didn't recognize (didn't even notice that it was a 916 area code).

I answer thinking it'd be some telemarketer or something that wants to bother me....

To my complete surprise I hear... "Hey, its Steve Meade" :faintthud:

It was the man himself calling me up to talk about the RCA cables.

Not a dozen of back and forth emails, an actual call.

Turns out I'm the first person to order a set of custom RCA's :rockwoot:

Steve wanted to know some shipping details and such.

I'll just say that Steve's a very down to earth guy and great to deal with.

Last night the cables were delivered and they do look impressive.

Individually packed with their own detailed measurement sheets.

Can't wait to get these in and try them out.

I'll get some more measurements on them and show some comparisons with ordinary RCA cables.

Thanks Steve! :good:

See, that's why Steve's awesome. I haven't had the man himself call, but only complaints I have ever seen about him? Period? Are the haters on youtube. Otherwise? Nothing but about a 200% customer satisfaction. Always good hearing how he goes above and beyond to help/satisfy others and turns out a beyond exceptional product, no matter if it's cables, subs, or just an opinion of his.

But Wicks, should be workin on that build more now. Seems to be warming up. Few cold days but this weekend? I know busy but near 60's. Warmin up so I'm expectin progress shortly.

Sheena = pedobear

Archived