Second Skin Audio

Rockford vs mayhem or zcon

Jeesh rentamods in full effect

for real :rolleyes:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

It would be easier if you could report threads on mobile, but I see them trying to inform the OP of the rule, because the truth is this is a VS thread. You can't say you're not comparing when you are trying to decide which one to go with.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

like i said. if you get two 2500s, get the mayhems. if you only want one amp, get the havocs. I'm an AA dealer, I know what the subs are rated at.

birth sheets dont mean shit. they are found while using a non reactive load. in reality, your subs might see 1500w from that amp. thats why other companies dont do birth sheets. its marketing crap, just like max power ratings.

inbox me a good price on the subs

Personally I would go with the mayhems. And those rockfords are very nice amps.

fiaq3-1.jpg

2000 Subaru outback 2.5l

Head Unit: Pioneer deh 4300ub

front stage: tbd

subwoofer: Stock Fi Q 18"

amp: Audio que 1200d

there should be a grey area at times. how are the new people supposed to learn anything if they cant ask a question about products at all without 5 renamods jumping in offering no help whatsoever and then getting the thread locked, and possibly pushing the person away from the forum all together.

Versus threads are like which subs gonna be louder out of these. not which of these options that i have will work better on my supplied power.

yeah i don't see this as a full on "vs" thread even though it is in the title. As soon as somebody asks which will be louder or sound better it will go downhill very quickly though.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

there should be a grey area at times. how are the new people supposed to learn anything if they cant ask a question about products at all without 5 renamods jumping in offering no help whatsoever and then getting the thread locked, and possibly pushing the person away from the forum all together.

Versus threads are like which subs gonna be louder out of these. not which of these options that i have will work better on my supplied power.

I completely agree. I had a topic locked because I wanted to know the difference between a Rockford P400.4 and a T400.4. Wasn't trying to do a versus thread just looking for information.

They gray area, which would seem nice, but then I just see people posting how they did BEFORE the rule. Bandwagons, no experience, no knowledge, nuthuggers out the wood work. I think that's much worse than not comparing products, especially when both products tend to be vendors on the site. If people could be mature, thoughtful, and respectful then we wouldn't need the rule. The fact we do means people aren't capable of it, and what a shitstorm it was to wade through to get just a sprinkle of factual information.

I personally don't like listening to other peoples opinions on certain things anyways. If I'm that interested in it, I'll buy it and see for myself. But that's just me.

I know, that wasn't the point. Just that if I'm truly interested in a product (amp, sub, speaker, deck) I could never be content because someone else told me they liked it. It's a scale that needs to weigh out the pros and cons. I think many could participate in a debate between products respectfully and logically, but its those few bad apples that can't that created the need for the rule in the first place.

Then you have people talking or suggesting without knowing electrical upgrades, vehicle, enclosure, and the myriad of other factors that come into play. Like listener preference. I'm assuming the OP has yet to listen to either sub in an install similar to his, which might help him.