XS Power

I get a .5-.8 drop out of a mechman 270 and 2xp3000 a d3400 and a stock battery. On a dc 5k at wired at .7ohm ( havnt clamped) and a highs amp.

From 14.4v?

Damn mine will be pretty bad then lol. So should I do the 3 d975s and a d3400 in back? Or add a d3100 to the back?

No doubt in my mind that a d1200 will fit in stock location

Man I would say just keep adding the 975s as you can. Stop once your happy with the voltage

I get a .5-.8 drop out of a mechman 270 and 2xp3000 a d3400 and a stock battery. On a dc 5k at wired at .7ohm ( havnt clamped) and a highs amp.

From 14.4v?

Damn mine will be pretty bad then lol. So should I do the 3 d975s and a d3400 in back? Or add a d3100 to the back?

No doubt in my mind that a d1200 will fit in stock location

Man I would say just keep adding the 975s as you can. Stop once your happy with the voltage

OK cool they seem to be 150-180 new online

So I guess 3 for 300 ain't to bad ;)

I got tons of room because I removed the back seats completely so more d975s it its!

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Tell me about it. I see videos on you tube of people dropping to 12volts for 14+ and.hear im only dropping half of a volt from 14.8 to 14.2. But wana know what F'in sucks for me my alts a pcm controlled so after a few minutes it drops to to 13volts on its own. And my .5 volt drop becomes 12.5 F my life. Still need to install my mla module hope that fixes my problems.

Tell me about it. I see videos on you tube of people dropping to 12volts for 14+ and.hear im only dropping half of a volt from 14.8 to 14.2. But wana know what F'in sucks for me my alts a pcm controlled so after a few minutes it drops to to 13volts on its own. And my .5 volt drop becomes 12.5 F my life. Still need to install my mla module hope that fixes my problems.

I hope I don't need to worry about that -.-

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

ok after having a second thought at it i may need nathan back in here lol

if i add a few (2-3) xp 950s to the back bank would that help with the reserve issue i may face, if playing full tilt for long periods of time or just add more D975s?

it be best to call xs power to find out

people who have bought from me Team Bassick (ALPINE) Purplehaze nidus

head unit sony dsx-s310btx
subs 2 12 incriminator audio king of bass
subs amp incriminator audio 20.1
mids/highs
mids/highs amp incriminator audio 6.4
equalizer clarion
crossover interfire
alternator 1 mechman 240amp
battery's xs power 1 d2100 2 d3100
sky high car audio 1/0 awg ofc wires

memphis car audio 1/0 ofc
xs power xs flex 4 awg

sky high car audio 8 gauge ofc

sky high car audio 12 gauge ofc

t spec rca

check out my building log http://www.stevemead...frey-build-log/

http://www.stevemead...d-other-things/

check out audio gear i have for sale
http://www.stevemead...51#entry1595151

Mechman_300x100px-2.jpg

3d7304fe.jpg

header3-1.gif

SkyHighCarAudio_zps27302c94.png

The more you can add the more reserve capacity you will have. I do not try to push 3100s on everyone. If they don't need it and will not see a huge gain in getting one, then why have them waste their money?

Lets say for simple calculations you are actually going to get 5000watts from your system, which would be around a 500amp draw. 40 amps of draw to run your vehicle and the accessories and other stuff you have hooked up other than the sub amps. This puts you around 540amps of draw. If you have a 270amp alt it is going to do in the 270-280amp range at the optimal RPM range and probably in the 165-185amp range at idle.

So at optimal charge rate lets say you are going to get 280amps out of the alt. That puts you 260amps behind on power that will be pulling directly from the batteries. With three D975 you are looking at about 87amps of pull from each battery. You are going to see the voltage drop, because you do not have enough power to keep up with your system.

Now if we look at idle you are going to still have the 540amp pull with lets say 185amps of charge. This puts you 355amps behind on power and you will be pulling about 119amps per D975. You will see a larger drop of course.

You need capacity in the back to keep up with the amperage draw you will have on the system. Adding batteries to the system will give you more capacity, and the size really just depends on what works best with your system, budget, and the room you have to work with. You could add the XP series or the D/S series batteries to the bank with no problems at all. Not sure what the vehicle is, but if you can fit a large enough battery up front then you may not need anything in the back.

I would suggest hooking your 975s up and seeing what your voltage does. That will give you a good idea of what you are dropping to, and then you can add on as needed.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

batteries came!!!! but there new??!?!? like brand new from sonicelectronix.com

(apparently my girlfriend and one of my best friends got me a early birthday present!!!!)

ups kinda F'd up the outer boxes but manufacturers boxes look fine!

no bulges/swelling/cracks all resting @ 12.7x+ gonna get a charger today and charge them up before installing them!!!!

thanks again for all the info!

n48pj9.jpg

Edited by Bear Gri11z

i love the d975 i have.. at first i only had a 3100 and 3400 and i dropped to around 12.8v even i added the 975 ( biggest i could fit in the extra space in trunk).. and it allowes me to maintain 13.4v full tilt

but anyways if anything do the 3 975s and it drops too much..add more 975s lol or 3100 3400 etc