Second Skin Audio

How do you guys cut your MDF?

Hello SMD forums

I'm tired of my prefab box and looking to construct (for the 1st time) a simple slot ported box for a 10" type R. I do not have a table saw, but have a decent circ saw, clamps, sawhorses.

Any suggestions for getting a nice straight cut with the circ? I have the little T-bar guide that clamps into the saw but it's use is pretty limited. The blade is just the craftsmen one that came on it, any suggestions for a better suited blade?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

15 year old radial arm saw. NOT the best for 45s had it shoot a piece through the window just yesterday.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

I will usually use a circular saw to cut the sheet into a more manageable size and then use the table saw to make more accurate cuts.

With a circular saw you can clamp some straight metal to the wood and use it as a guide to get the straightest cuts possible. DON'T free hand your cuts. I promise you it will not turn out well.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

you can use just about anything to guide the saw, line up where everything needs to be, quick clamp it and run your cut.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

I buy my MDF en let it saw by the company self for free lol.

The places you buy it from almost never make straight cuts because they don't know what they are doing. aka Lowes or Home Depot

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

I buy my MDF en let it saw by the company self for free lol.

you and grammar or spell check arent really friends are you?

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

15 year old radial arm saw. NOT the best for 45s had it shoot a piece through the window just yesterday.

I lol'd cuz I've shot pieces at my dog before

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg