Sonic Electronix

Hifonics Brz 1700.1D or Audiopipe 1800D for SA 12" Dual 4's ??

No vs. threads.

Ib4L.

and to answer your question.. either or. Cheaper amps, make similar power, pick whichever u like better.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

I woulda kept them at 2 ohms and find a amp to power them at 2 ohms, better efficiency.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I woulda kept them at 2 ohms and find a amp to power them at 2 ohms, better efficiency.

Lol no!

1800/14 = 128.57 amps of current draw no matter what. If anything, the amp would work harder at 2 ohms because the rails would have to produce twice the voltage to get the same power...

Lol no!

1800/14 = 128.57 amps of current draw no matter what. If anything, the amp would work harder at 2 ohms because the rails would have to produce twice the voltage to get the same power...

then explain why every amp ever run cooler at higher impedances.

Edited by Kranny

Lol no!

then explain why every amp ever run cooler at higher impedances.

Simple Ohms Law? 130 amps at 2 ohms is the same as 130 amps at 12 ohms? When the impedance doubles the amp has to work twice as hard to make the same power...

I think what he and you meant was that if you run an amp at half its rated power it would be more efficient, which is true. A 3000 watt amp making 1200 is going to run cooler than a 1200 watt amp making 1200 because it's less stressed. But when you double impedance it doesn't get any more efficient lol. Tell you what, wire your amp to like 8 ohms and run it as hard as you can. I bet it gets hella hot cuz it has to 8x the workload.

Edited by aN-i-No

eater amp you listed will work. are they the best? no but as long as you have a dd-1 or know someone with you it will be alright.

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

It's kinda dumb when admins on here say no vs threads yet they say which , or , best but I see threads that letteraly say vs and admins say nothing. I guess for now on when we want to know something you know positives or negatives of a product we should just say ----- vs ---- seems we get less crap from admins haha