Second Skin Audio

suggestions on my port

1-Using torres i found out my box is tune at 35 hz, it sound good but im taking suggestions i wanna get loud but hit lows.

2-What size should my port ? my box is 41-18.75-14 port up sub up.

100_2936.jpg

Edited by Go-N-Def

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

15'', xl , 1k later 2k, you didnt read the part about what size should my port be? also i there a pic of a 15

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

Looks like you got an internal volume of 4.75 cu ft box. ive read that its 13-15cu inch of port space for each cubic foot of box. So it looks like between 61.75 and 71.25. sq inch of port space. This is just a guess based on stuff i read, not sure about it though. maybe a 6" port 12" long?. Thats just a guess though man from what ive read. Plus dc audio lists the suggested ported box size at 3.5 cubic feet for a 15" so not sure if box is too big?

Edited by Rich65

yea man your gross is roughly 5/12 ft. Man and that port. Im guessing theres no curve to it just straight down with alote of port noise. Id say shorten up box and put in an L shaped port. I just picked up a DC XL M1 15. So ill be making a box as well. Tuned to 36

Edited by 209er

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

Looks like you got an internal volume of 4.75 cu ft box. ive read that its 13-15cu inch of port space for each cubic foot of box. So it looks like between 61.75 and 71.25. sq inch of port space. This is just a guess based on stuff i read, not sure about it though. maybe a 6" port 12" long?. Thats just a guess though man from what ive read. Plus dc audio lists the suggested ported box size at 3.5 cubic feet for a 15" so not sure if box is too big?

I would assume the dimensions he gave are the overall box size, so after sub and port displacement I doubt he is going to have 4.75 cuft.

OP - can you make that box any larger?

I did a very quick calculation (on my phone) and came up with a 17.25 x 3 port x 29" long. Drops you to somewhere around 3.7 cuft tuned to ~32 Hz.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

looking for large port thinking it will take away from overall box size. 17.25x3.29 is close to what i calcu.

Looks like you can get a few more inches in the height. Build a new box with a slot port tuned to 30-32 Hz if you really want the lows. Make sure your around 13-15sq in of port are per foot.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm