First time FIBERGLASS! **door panels 6.5" mid range 99 jeep grand cherokee

that thing is full of air pockets and the mat isn't fully soaked with resin. It will be weak and hard as hell to sand/finish

It doesnt matter if its full of air bubble or not, its just for looks not strength. teamhirsh I think you can fix it by sanding it down once you get all the white spots covered by resin. I would lay down an extra thick coating of resin then proceed to sand the shit out of that door panel. You will probably be sanding through air bubbles, so just fill them with resin once you get the area smooth. Then rinse and repeat until desired shape and smoothness is reached. They have that polyester body filler once you get it smoothed down that is super lightweight and very easy to sand also. I will never use the pink bondo again after using the good stuff the ease of sanding and shaping makes it awesome. Normally people use kittyhair as initial bondo coat over fiberglass, but its not really for strength so I think you wont need it, just rough up the surface enough for the bondo to stick.

Thank you, right now with the way it is in it follows my door perfect but with some of those air bubbles i might go through them. I will purchase more material thank you for the advice!

Here, this follows the curve of my door just how it did before, this isn't even sanded and goes right along the original curvature of my door! i don't see whats so bad? Im open to advice but what is wrong with it if it is smooth already and follows my door? advice please!

fiber4-1.jpg

You honestly dont see any problems with this? there are so many air pockets, lose ends and areas where the glass isnt even resined... not to mention the speaker is over hanging the ring so badly you wont be able to screw it down... you have to be trolling us!

The speaker fits on the ring perfect? Yes i will say it again, i need more resign because I RAN OUT!

im not talking about the area below the speaker... im talking about the entire door... :WTFBubble::noob:

Guys calm down this is just a tour of how they do work at KOB customs.

haha good one!!

read your post again please for me? i believe it said the speaker is over hanging the ring so bad you wont be able to screw IT in. Whats it then? does it mean the door?

that thing is full of air pockets and the mat isn't fully soaked with resin. It will be weak and hard as hell to sand/finish

It doesnt matter if its full of air bubble or not, its just for looks not strength. teamhirsh I think you can fix it by sanding it down once you get all the white spots covered by resin. I would lay down an extra thick coating of resin then proceed to sand the shit out of that door panel. You will probably be sanding through air bubbles, so just fill them with resin once you get the area smooth. Then rinse and repeat until desired shape and smoothness is reached. They have that polyester body filler once you get it smoothed down that is super lightweight and very easy to sand also. I will never use the pink bondo again after using the good stuff the ease of sanding and shaping makes it awesome. Normally people use kittyhair as initial bondo coat over fiberglass, but its not really for strength so I think you wont need it, just rough up the surface enough for the bondo to stick.

Thank you, right now with the way it is in it follows my door perfect but with some of those air bubbles i might go through them. I will purchase more material thank you for the advice!

Np man it just pisses me off when someone comes here for a little help and all they get in return is a bunch of aholes talking shit.

Np man it just pisses me off when someone comes here for a little help and all they get in return is a bunch of aholes talking shit.

Exactly.. i explained it was my first time and people just give me shit about everything? Im 16 years old and its the first time glassing and only one person with advice! thank you tho man

Here, this follows the curve of my door just how it did before, this isn't even sanded and goes right along the original curvature of my door! i don't see whats so bad? Im open to advice but what is wrong with it if it is smooth already and follows my door? advice please!

fiber4-1.jpg

You honestly dont see any problems with this? there are so many air pockets, lose ends and areas where the glass isnt even resined... not to mention the speaker is over hanging the ring so badly you wont be able to screw it down... you have to be trolling us!

The speaker fits on the ring perfect? Yes i will say it again, i need more resign because I RAN OUT!

im not talking about the area below the speaker... im talking about the entire door... :WTFBubble::noob:

Guys calm down this is just a tour of how they do work at KOB customs.

haha good one!!

read your post again please for me? i believe it said the speaker is over hanging the ring so bad you wont be able to screw IT in. Whats it then? does it mean the door?

i dont know why im arguing with a 16 year old but if you know anything about sentence structure i started the sentence with "not to mention the SPEAKER is..." then ended it with "you wont be able to screw it down..." but good job man, keep up the good work it will look amazing when youre done!! if you need ideas check out my build, i just made door panels myself.

Some of these guys are acting like real d-bags, anything can be fixed with enough time and energy.

It's possible, but only after an unnessesairy amount of work and product, that could have been avoided by doing it propper from the beginning.

I tried to be nice but i guess he wont listen to good advice.

You cant see what's wrong with that?

Where the hell did you do your research?!

When you bondo over all this you wont even be able to tell? Well thats what i was told anyways

first- its wavy and wrinkly as all get out, you are going to use 30 lbs of filler just to smooth it out.

second- its full of soft spots and air pockets that are no bueno. those panels will begin to fall apart and crack like mad... the point isnt to resin a fucked up substrate and then worry about it with 10 gallons of filler... the smoother and more even you base is.. the better the rest of it will turn out, filler isnt a savior, you dont want inch thick spots of it... whoever you are listening to has no idea what the fuck they are talking about, sorry if that hurts your feelings, but we are trying to help you have a nice end result, not some rigged up half assed shit... its like car body work... sure you could just cover the dents with 3 inches of filler and sand it out, and itll look ok at best, for a few weeks until it starts to crack and peel. You made mistakes with your first attempt, its not to late to stop and try again...

You keep asking for advice, yet you have an answer for everything everyone has said to you....

The advice you need to follow is to start over and take your time. But since you know it all and already have an answer for everything everyone has said, why are you even bothering to ask us for input?

not to mention, jigsaw blades are piss cheap...

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Archived