You are one of the very few that understand that ken.

Wish more people did

• Like (+1 Rep) 1
2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I should have been more specific. Yes more bands is better. The way I adjust the eq is by lowering overpowering freqs, not raising those that are lacking.

how would i figure this out man?

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

I should have been more specific. Yes more bands is better. The way I adjust the eq is by lowering overpowering freqs, not raising those that are lacking.

how would i figure this out man?

It comes down to preference unless you are an SQ competitor. Example: If your vocals are pretty loud, but you are lacking in the higher range(tweeters), lower the level of the mids until if matches up with highs, don't increase the tweeter. Of course the more bands of EQ you have, the more detailed this can be, and time consuming.

Make sense?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

In reality eq comes down to the user. Each person has their own taste in sound. Some people like a ton of midbass, some like screaming highs. What ken said is a nice tip about how it works. And expanding what I said about a small band eq. Problem is sq wise with say a 3 band eq compared to a 16 band. 3 bands split the entire music spectrum from say 20hz-20khz into just three parts. Making one change is changing a very large range of music instead of maybe just the one band you need. With multiple bands 5+ it's a lot finer tuning but also a lot bigger headache.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Wouldn't moving up or down on an EQ be the same thing? Say if you have bass,mid,treble & the bass is too overpowering so you turn it down, wouldn't that be the same as keeping the bass the same & turning the mid & treble up. As long as you have a clean signal it shouldn't matter. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not a Musical Engineering expert so I could be wrong.

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading